Moscow
Harvard
Bologna
Sydney
Previous
Create a Discussion
Next

What are the best films for foreign language immersion?

Here we can discuss the films that we watch or used to watch when learning a foreign language. What films do you consider most useful and effective for yourself and why?

What foreign films do you prefer?

Answers
Jean Paul Buffet
#1, 13.07.2017
ReplyRate the answer:1
f.r.i.e.n.d.s
Azat Fattakhov(club expert)
#3, 13.07.2017
A reply to the answer #1 of user Jean Paul Buffet
+1, I agree with you here, Jean Paul!
Jean Paul Buffet
#2, 13.07.2017
Extra English
Marina Sidelnikova
#4, 13.07.2017
It's up to person, I think. As for me, i like "The mentalist". Very interesting serial and the plot keeps up to the end... ::smile1::
Cristina Parulava
#5, 13.07.2017
A reply to the answer #4 of user Marina Sidelnikova
Oh, I like it very much, too! Detective is one of my favourite series genres. If someone asked me, I'd also recommend Agatha Christie's Poirot, Bones, Castle, Body of Proof, Waking the Dead. But when I get tired of murders and autopsies, I switch to historical dramas, which I'm also very keen on. BBC shows are my favourites.
Marina Sidelnikova
#6, 13.07.2017
A reply to the answer #5 of user Cristina Parulava
oh, Bones and Castle! I like them too))
Marina Sidelnikova
#7, 13.07.2017
As for the full-length films.... i think it's hard for the beginners to watch it at once. The first movie i watched in one breath was "Everybody's fine". Frankly speaking it is very sad movie, but i liked it very much!!! ::smile14:: I advise you to watch this movie. This is a very touching story about the attitude of fathers and children.
And one more movie that i watched in english not so long ago "Lake house". Hard to watch, but also worth it!
And what movies do you like?

Edited 13-07-2017 15:46

Cristina Parulava
#8, 13.07.2017
A reply to the answer #7 of user Marina Sidelnikova
My favourite movies are historical ones and those based on classic literature, I like screen adaptations of novels by Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Charles Dickens, and others. As for other movies, I was greatly impressed by Interview with the Vampire, Lord of the Rings, Legends of the Fall and by Love Letter (1998) (its plot resembles that of Lake House a little, but the action partly takes place in the 19th century, it's very romantic and touching).
Igor Musikhin
#9, 14.07.2017
ReplyRate the answer:2
The favourite ones that come to my mind are:
Roman Holidays; How to Steal a Million; The Million Pound Note; Love Story; My Fair Lady; The Nun’s Story; Fanny Face; Blast from the Past; Stepmother; Devil Wears Prada; Groundhog Day; Léon; The Postman; Erin Brockovich; Soldier; A.I. Artificial Intelligence; Hachi: A Dog's Tale; Pelican Brief; Meet Joe Black; Pretty Woman; Shakespeare in Love; A Knight’ Tale; Seven Years in Tibet; City of Angels; Maid in Manhattan; Kate and Leopold; Catch Me If You Can; Waterworld; Princess Diaries; Martian; A Woman Hunted; Edge of Tomorrow; Total Recall; Me Before You; Moon (2112); What Women Want; Six Days, Seven Nights; Titanic; Mr. Deeds; Man of the Year; Big Daddy; Mr. & Mrs. Smith; The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming; Sgt. Bilko; Home Alone 1,2,3; Star Wars; …

Marina Sidelnikova
#10, 14.07.2017
ReplyRate the answer:0
A reply to the answer #9 of user Igor Musikhin
Such a big list!! Thank you, Igor.
Cristina Parulava
#11, 14.07.2017
A reply to the answer #9 of user Igor Musikhin
Oh, Meet Joe Black is really, really awesome! How come that I forgot to mention it on my list!))