Samara State University of Social Sciences and Education. Acquaintance
SSUSSE is a modern multidisciplinary university offering higher education programs in pedagogy and education, linguistics, journalism, psychology, environmental studies and natural resources management, IT, management and economics, service, commerce, physical education and sports, choreography, painting, history and archaeology, anthropology and ethnology, music education, foreign languages.
Founded in 1911.
- Mathematics, Physics, and IT
- Economics, Management, and Service
- Psychology Education and Sport
- Primary Education
- Foreign Languages
- Psychology and Special Education
- Culture and Art
- Natural Science and Geography
Tuition fees per semester
Bachelor's programs 57,250 RUB and more
Master's programs 61,150 RUB and more
Postgraduate programs 72,200 RUB and more
- Archaeology Lab
- Psychology Center for Socio-Humanistic Technologies
- Interuniversity Center for Physicochemical Research Methods in Archaeology and Ecology
- Volga-Ural Paleoanthropological Research Center
- Media Education and Media Design Center
- Lab "Innovative Technologies of Teaching Russian to Primary and Secondary School Students"
- Socio-Environmental Design Lab "Human Factor"
- The double degree program in Physical Education (Sports Management), University of Economy in Bydgoszcz, Poland
- Erasmus+ program, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Turkey
- The scholarship program of Ludwigsburg University of Education, Germany
- Mevlana program, Turkey
Department Of Russian As A Foreign Language
- Elementary course
- Basic course
- First Certificate level course
Practical classroom activities, educational tours, out-of-class cultural activities, and independent study.
Russian language proficiency test, certificate.
Tuition fee per semester is 35,000 RUB
Let's Go To Samara From Moscow
Plane: over 9 flights per day, travel time is 1.5 hours, the fare is 2,043 RUB and more
Train: up to 6 trains per day, travel time is 15 hours and more, the fare is 1,062 RUB and more
Bus: travel time is 15 hours and more, the fare is 1,700 RUB and more
Car: travel time is around 20 hours
Regional Specific Features
The Samara Region is located in the southeastern part of European Russia. It is a major industrial, scientific and cultural center of Russia.
Samara is the capital of the Samara Region, with a population of > 1,000,000 people. It is one of the oldest Russian cities. It boasts a well-developed river tourism industry and often holds football competitions and musical festivals.
The climate is moderately continental, with cold winter, short spring, hot and dry summer, rather rainy and cool fall.
-11.6 °С in January
+20.5 °С in July
Places Of Interest
Samara is situated on the bank of the Volga River. It is one of the world's longest rivers and the longest one in Europe.
The Samara Region has over 200 natural monuments, including national parks Samarskaya Luka and Buzuluk Pine Forest, I. I. Sprygin Zhiguli State Nature Biosphere Reserve.
I came from China to study in Russia. I did not know the language and took preliminary courses at Samara State Medical University. But later, I chose the profession of a Russian language teacher and entered the Faculty of Philology at Samara State University of Social Sciences and Education. Of course, it is so interesting to know more about the traditions and culture of the country you've been living in for a long time. I have many friends who help me feel at home here. I speak Russian well already and know a lot about Russia. When I have free time, I like to walk along the embankment and go to the cinema. So I enjoy staying here.
- 8 university buildings, 3 comfortable dormitories
- The library (> 1 million items)
- SSUSSE History Museum named after Hero of the Soviet Union P. M. Ganyushin
- Volga Region Archaeology Museum
- Ethnography museum
- D. N. Florov Zoological Museum
- The Burevestnik sports and recreation center with a swimming pool, the Yunost sports and recreation camp
The accommodation fee is 1,000 RUB per month.
Student Dormitory Council helps you adapt to the student environment for successful studying.
VK – @campussgspu
I decided to study in Russia because I want to speak Russian fluently and, of course, understand Russian culture. I've been living in Russia for 5 years already, and I like studying at the Faculty of Economics very much. At first, that was very difficult for me because I didn't know Russian. But now it is much easier, and I get only good and excellent marks. Thanks to my teachers of Russian, I can speak Russian rather well now. I have my favorite teacher who helps me learn the language and understand Russian culture and Russian people's traditions much better. Come to study here, learn this beautiful language, and get acquainted with this mysterious country.
Socialization And Adaptation
Consulting service that supports international students while they study and live in Russia and helps them resolve migration registration and control issues
Advisors from among university teachers and student volunteers, including final-year international students
- Annual student conferences, Russian language Olympiads
- Russian language and culture days, festivals such as New Year, Christmas, Maslenitsa (Pre-Lenten festival), Russian Students' Day, Victory Day, Knowledge Day, festivals, Student Spring, Student Debut
- Sports tournaments
- Performances of SSUSSE international student creative teams at city and regional festivals
- Psychosocial workshops, quests, discussions, questionnaire surveys, meetings with members of diaspora
- Activities of student self-governance bodies, the student dormitory council, volunteer brigades