For the heads of foreign representative offices of Rossotrudnichestvo
The Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States Affairs, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudnichestvo) has supported an initiative of collaboration with Accreditation in Education publishing company (Russia) for regular popularization of Rossotrudnichestvo’s activities abroad through the English-language journal HIGHER EDUCATION DISCOVERY
to provide media support for unlocking export potential of Russian education as well as to provide reliable, high-quality and up-to-date information on Russia and the system of higher education in Russia to a broad audience that comprises international applicants and all stakeholders.
These objectives determine the main topics for the quarterly specialized English-language journal Higher Education Discovery which will be circulated, starting from September 2020, among all representative offices of Rossotrudnichestvo that operate all over the world.
To get Higher Education Discovery journal, please send an application (in no particular format) to email@example.com
The application should specify the recipient’s address and the contact person’s full name.
TOPICS AND RUBRICS
The journal is issued four times a year (quarterly). As international applicants (and their parents) are the primary target audience of the journal, the principle of developing topics for each issue is focused on media support for key cycles of collaboration with this audience for 2020/2021: from the choice of a profession (and a university located in the Russian Federation, respectively), to participation in an enrollment campaign, and then, an applicant’s arrival in Russia with subsequent effective adaptation after enrollment in a Russian university.
In view of this, the topics for 2020/21 issues will be as follows:
- The main topic of the autumn issue. A «showpiece» of the higher education system in Russia: the best educational programs of Russian universities for foreigners. Within the topic, the journal publishes a collection of materials that familiarize the international audience — final-year school students, who are prospective applicants, with high-potential majors, specialties and fields of study offered by Russian universities.
- The main topic of the winter issue. «An enrollment campaign is starting, on your mark!» Within the topic, the journal publishes a collection of materials about the correct and proper order and algorithms of an applicant’s participation in an enrollment campaign.
- The main topic of the spring issue. «After enrollment. We are going to Russia!» Within the topic, the journal publishes articles devoted to effective adaptation of prospective first-year students in Russia.
- The main topic of the summer issue. «Choosing a profession! Development of a future educational path and career.» Within the topic, the journal publishes a collection of materials on career guidance, an ability to develop a future career and a relevant «educational path» at Russian universities (please note that the summer issue is intended for international final-year school students leaving school in 2022).
Each issue is also supposed to comprise publications in regular «cross-cutting» columns
that correspond to the topics of the actions of the priority project «Development of the Export Potential of the Russian Education System»:
- Friendly relationship (the column presents the best experience, joint educational projects and well-established practices of Russian universities’ cooperation with a particular country/ geographic region. The column is developed in accordance with, among other things, the priority project action — the program «A Favorable Environment for International Students»).
- Discovering Russia (the column is developed in accordance with the priority project action — the program «Educational Tourist Routes of Russia»).
- Young Science (stories of/interviews with the best students as well as young researchers, postgraduate students, Master’s students of Russian universities about new advanced fields of science and research projects implemented at Russian universities).
- Russian Education Ambassadors (the column is developed in accordance with the priority project action — the program «Russian Education Ambassadors.» It is supposed to comprise publications of/interviews with graduates including those who are foreign citizens).
- Infograph (the column provides reliable information which is beneficial to international applicants as it reflects Russian universities’ activities, various aspects of life in Russia and its regions, etc. It is developed in accordance with, among other things, the priority project action— the program «A Favorable Environment for International Students»).
- Announcements/summarized reports on key international and countrywide events intended for the target audience i.e. applicants (fairs, webinars, forums, exhibitions, etc.).
- The printed journal and the e-journal will comprise pages for presenting the activities of Rossotrudnichestvo representative offices: news about key events, on-the-spot reports on the events organized by the representative offices, publications about the outcomes of your projects, etc. Feel free to send your news and other information materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are ready to organize and conduct an interview with the head of the representative office dedicated to the topic of the issue (a preliminary application for the interview can be sent to email@example.com ).
- To develop the up-to-date content sought after by readers, we should also know which questions are of interest to applicants (and their parents) of the country (region) where your representative office operates. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will inform you in advance about journal-related competitions, surveys and projects for international applicants.
We will be glad to answer all your questions regarding our collaboration.
Ekaterina V. Shigapova,
Director of Accreditation in Education Company (Russia)