KubSMU is not only a higher education institution but also a place of interest in the south of Russia. More than 100 years of history make it one of the oldest universities in the region.
The university’s mission is to carry out innovative educational activities aimed at training competitive specialists according to the digital transformation of society and the state, based on the integration of medical science and healthcare.
Fields of study
- General Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Preparatory department for foreign citizens
- Residency programs
- PhD programs
- Advanced training and professional retraining cycles
After completing their Specialist’s degrees, international graduates can find a job in practical healthcare as required by Russian legislation or continue their education by pursuing a residency or PhD degree.
Starting from the first day of study, students have the right to be employed as junior medical staff. After students successfully undergo accreditation for middle grade medical staff specialties in the fourth year of study, students can work at healthcare organizations in the city and the region.
All international state-funded students studying within the quota for foreign citizens get a state scholarship.
Internships and training
- Every year, students undertake internships and receive training at major clinical facilities in the city and region, such as the regional hospitals, oncology dispensary, perinatal centers, and other healthcare organizations. All the facilities are fitted with state-of-the-art medical equipment.
- Students have the opportunity to hone their skills at the multidisciplinary accreditation and simulation center which is one of the best-equipped in Russia.
- The university has its own clinical facilities providing the opportunity to use modern methods of diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation as well as conduct research in various branches of science.
Arrival and adaptation
- Upon arrival, students contact the International Department that helps them adapt to life and study in a foreign country, prepare documents, and solve other organizational issues. The university has the Mentoring Institute comprising the School of Tutors and the School of Monitors. The most experienced international students support applicants and junior students during the entire period of their adaptation
- International students have the opportunity to live in the student dormitory, from where they can get to the university by public transport. There are a lot of spots to eat, playgrounds, and the city grove near the campus
- Students get comprehensive support and assistance in adaptation. They participate in various leisure activities related to science, sports, creativity, and volunteering. Students take an active part in university life and in the activities of the university’s Interethnic Club
Krasnodar is the heart of the south of Russia. This city has a very mild and wholesome climate that attracts people not only from throughout Russia but also from all over the world. The seaside and mountain resorts are located a few hours’ drive from the city.