North-Western State Medical University
NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov is one of the leading medical universities in Russia and Saint Petersburg. The university was founded as a result of the merger of St. Petersburg Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education and St. Petersburg State Medical Academy named after I. I. Mechnikov, inheriting rich history, culture and traditions of the two oldest medical institutions in Russia.
The university has clinical facilities consisting of five clinics and offers a wide range of pre-university training programs, continuing professional education programs, advanced training programs as well as internships, summer and winter schools. The university cooperates with more than 60 foreign universities in 23 countries.
Telegram – @szgmu_university
VK – @szgmu_university
Youtube – @СЗГМУимИИМечникова2011
Tuition fees per year
70,000 – 420,500 RUB
- Check out the list of admission documents available on the university website
- Choose a field of study
- Fill in the application form and submit it within the established deadlines with the package of required documents that includes a passport copy, a diploma copy, migration and visa documents, a foreign education recognition certificate (if necessary), a copy of marriage/divorce/name change certificate(if any) as well as translations of these documents, and a medical certificate (if any)
- Pass the entrance exam in chemistry and biology
- Keep track of the lists on the university website
University admission regulations
Bachelor’s, Specialist’s, Master’s programs
+7 812 303-50-53
+7 812 303-50-06
I came to Russia in November, and I’ve been living in Saint Petersburg since that time. I knew that NWSMU named after I.I. Mechnikov is a very good university, and my friends recommended it. I really like the city and the university itself – I was impressed by its beauty and the number of departments.
There are two study programs:
- University entrance preparation
- Russian for foreign postgraduate applicants
Duration: November 1 –August 31 (including vacation)
Course registration: September
I was preparing for admission to this university right from the beginning, and I chose it because of its high level of teaching and ranking positions. The teachers devote a lot of time to their students. I am happy to study here!
General Medicine for foreign citizens
Fields of study
- Nursing: 4 years of study, full-time
- Nursing: 4.5 years of study, part-time
- General Medicine: 6 years of study, full-time
- General Medicine in English for foreign citizens (English as Medium of Instruction): 6 years of study, full-time
- Pediatrics: 6 years of study, full-time
- Preventive Medicine: 6 years of study, full-time
- Dentistry: 5 years of study, full-time
- Osteopathy: 5 years of study, full-time. The first Specialist’s program in Osteopathy in Russia
- Public Health: 2 years of study, full-time
As well as more than 70 residency specialties.
This university is one of the oldest in Russia. It has a good reputation both in Russia and abroad. The classical system of teaching combines theory and practice. The teachers help their students throughout the entire educational process.
General Medicine for foreign citizens
Arrival and adaptation
Before students arrive in Russia, the University Department of Visa Support and Migration Registration prepares required documents for issuing invitations. Then the department staff members support students in solving migration registration issues such as registration, extension of stay, preparation of documents for departure.
International students are accommodated in the dormitory on campus.
- International Student Council. You can always seek assistance here. It mainly focuses on friendship, harmony and mutual aid between representatives of different countries and peoples at the university
- University student council
- Primary student trade union organization
- Councils of students living in the dormitories
- Group presidents
- Education quality committee
- Volunteer center
- Medical brigades
- Music and Art Club
- Student choir
- The Husky sports club