Northern (Arctic) Federal University. Admissions
NArFU is one of ten Russian federal universities, the largest research and education center in North-Western Russia. It trains specialists in technology, natural sciences, engineering, humanities, economics, and IT.
NArFU graduates are highly sought after by top Russian and foreign companies involved in megaprojects in oil and gas extraction, mining engineering, civil engineering, power engineering, information technologies, chemical engineering and biotechnologies, and other areas.
- 8 higher schools
- 3 colleges
- 3 branches
- 300+ students annually participate in academic mobility programs
Youtube – @SAFUniversity
Tuition fees per year
158,100 – 265,190 RUB
- Within the Russian Government quota with scholarship support regardless of academic progress. Students to fill the quota are selected by the Rossotrudnichestvo's representative office/Russian embassy in the applicant's country of residence
- On equal terms with Russian applicants as part of general competitive selection for state-funded places based on the results of entrance exams (for citizens of CIS countries)
- On a fee-paying (contract) basis if NArFU's internal entrance exams are successfully passed
Enrollment campaign – 2022
Document submission: April 1 –July 11
Entrance exams: Online tests
Document submission: April 1 –August 13
Entrance exams: Portfolio competition
Document submission: April 1 – August 6
Entrance exams: Exams
NArFU International Office
We are always happy to consult applicants from all over the world on the admission process
+7 8182 216-196
+7 921 290-05-64 Telegram
Telegram – @abitinter_narfu
VK – @narfuinternational
Instagram – @narfu_international (Meta is recognized as an extremist organization in Russia)
Facebook – @NArFU.International.Office (Meta is recognized as an extremist organization in Russia)
5 simple steps to admission
- Choose a degree level and an educational program
- Fill in the application form
- Prepare your documents
- Successfully pass your entrance exams (for Bachelor's degrees) or take part in the portfolio competition (for Master's degrees)
- Pass competitive selection and come to study at NArFU!
Foundation program for foreign citizens
- Engineering and technology
- Natural sciences
Duration 10 months (September – June).
Small groups include up to 10 people.
After students successfully complete the course, they get a pre-university training certificate.
Tuition fee 116,100 RUB ≈ 1,500 USD
Preparatory Department is not only about training but also about entertaining, creative and interesting extracurricular activities. The attendees will immerse themselves in the culture and traditions of the Arkhangelsk Region, Russia, and other countries.
NArFU International Friendship Club actively engages attendees of the Preparatory Department in various activities.
Bioengineering Systems and Technologies
Bachelor's program, 4 years
- Mathematics (major subject)
- Russian language
- Biology, or Physics, or Informatics
Training of biomedical equipment maintenance technicians who are able to carry out commissioning, setup, repair and maintenance of the equipment. Training combines in-depth training at the nexus of biological and engineering disciplines and studying state-of-the-art information technologies.
- engineering materials and biomaterials
- information technologies in biomedical engineering
- electronics and microprocessor technology
- physicochemical methods of analysis
- medical devices, apparatuses, systems and complexes
- medical telemetry systems
- computer technology in biomedical research
Graduates are successfully employed as
- specialists in health information technologies
- clinical engineers operating medical equipment
- researchers working in the fields of biology and medicine, and other related fields
- metrology engineers working in the field of biomedical equipment and devices
- engineering managers setting up small medical and engineering enterprises
- Civil Engineering
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Electric Power Engineering and Heat Engineering
- Mining Engineering and Applied Geology
- Chemical Engineering
- Ecology and Hydrometeorology
- Informatics and Computer Engineering
- Bioengineering Systems and Technologies
- Philology and Linguistics
- Pedagogical Education
- Environmental Risks Management in the Arctic
- European Studies: Arctic Focus
- Computational Linguistics
NArFU Multidisciplinary International Olympiad "Future of the Arctic" for foreign citizens from CIS countries
Participation in the Olympiad gives extra points to those applying for Bachelor's/Specialist's programs at NArFU. All participants are awarded certificates. Winners and prize-winners get first, second and third place diplomas.
Scholarships for international students
The scholarships are paid to those enrolled in state-funded places as part of the competitive selection on equal terms.
- Academic scholarship: up to 4,500 RUB per month ≈ 60 USD
- Increased academic scholarship: up to 15,000 RUB per month ≈ 200 USD
- First-year Student 5.0 scholarship: 5,000 – 10,000 RUB per month ≈ 67-135 USD. The scholarship is paid to first-year students who have an honors degree/secondary school diploma with honors or high total scores in the entrance exams.
Career. Examples of successful employment
- Natalia Pak, Uzbekistan
NArFU Bachelor and Master graduate with honors, 2021. A PhD student, a teacher at the Department of the English Language at NArFU.
- Dovran Kurbanov, Turkmenistan
NArFU graduate, 2013. Head of the Department at the Ministry of Industry and Construction Production of Turkmenistan.
- Azizbek Yusupov, Tajikistan
NArFU graduate, Technological Machines and Equipment, 2021. A mechanical engineer at one of the leading international chemical companies EuroChem Group AG, Russia.
- Akbarshoh Gopirjonov, Uzbekistan
NArFU graduate, Oil and Gas Engineering, 2019. A specialist at the international oilfield service company ERIELL, Novy Urengoy, Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District, Russia.
- Ilyas Uzenov, Kyrgyzstan
NArFU graduate, Information Systems and Technologies, 2015. The leader of the Backend developers team at the international IT company ibecsystems.com in Kyrgyzstan.