Petroleum High School — Almetyevsk State Oil Institute
ASOI is the only multidisciplinary technical higher education institution in the Southeast of Tatarstan that trains specialists for the oil and gas industry of Tatarstan, Russia, and other countries.
ASOI is located directly in the area of oilfield development. This ensures close integration with production and key partners, allows the university to successfully perform the task of providing enterprises with highly qualified engineers.
ASOI graduates are in demand in every corner of Russia and abroad.
- Top 10 Russian petroleum universities
- 85% of graduates are employed
- Practice-oriented approach
- Single student office
- World-class campus
VK – @agni_asoi
Telegram – @agni_asoi
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor's programs 133,890 – 189,330 RUB Master's programs 143,010 – 201,570 RUB
Fields of study
- Automation of Technological Processes and Production
- Business Informatics
- Geology, Exploration and Development of Mineral Resources
- Engineering and Technological Support of Machine-Building Production
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Technological Machines and Equipment
- Technosphere Safety
- Control in Engineering Systems
- Electric Power Supply
- Electric Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering
By order of the largest enterprises in the republic, the institute launched new unique majors within Master's programs:
- Artificial Intelligence in Bioengineering Systems
- Intelligent Control, Protection and Diagnostics Tools and Systems for Electric Power Systems
- Digital Operation Technology and Diagnostics of Oil and Gas Facilities
+7 8553 31-00-84
- Tatneft Scholarship Program
- Special scholarships from the Tatarstan Republic President, the Academy of Sciences, the Head of Almetyevsk Municipal Region, ASOI Academic Council
- Scholarships from companies JSC Hewlett-Packard and Yokogawa Electric CIS
AGNIBOT is a Telegram bot for international applicants. It will help them get information about study programs, entrance exams, scholarship programs, tuition fees. It also gives the answers to frequently asked questions.
Telegram – @okayAGNI_bot
Science and technology research center
- Filtration research
- Thermophysics research
- Tomography research
- Fracking fluids and acid compositions
People often ask me why I chose Almetyevsk from all Russian cities. To be honest, the choice was obvious for me, because my friends studied in Almetyevsk. They spoke well of this city and ASOI. Local people are communicative. Besides, the region has a very convenient location for travel enthusiasts. It's the heart of Russia.
Student science and technology society
A two-time best student scientific society in the
Republic of Tatarstan.
Vk – @snto_agni
Career Guidance and Development Center
- Work placement and pre-graduation internships at enterprises
- Career Days, job fairs—presentations, interviews with employers
Over 100 enterprises in Tatarstan, neighboring regions, Western Siberia, Eastern Siberia take part in the assignment of graduates.
Among ASOI graduates are executives of major oil companies, Honored Workers of Oil and Gas Industry of Russia, Honored Oil Workers of the republic, members of the International Academy of Ecology and Life Protection Sciences, the Academy of Mining Sciences, the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Doctors of Sciences, laureates of various government awards.
+7 8553 31-00-85
ASOI SPE student chapter
The student chapter of the International Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Active participation in international educational programs
- Participation in international forums in Malaysia, Dubai, Qatar, China, UAE, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, and Russia
- SPE Gold Standard Award, Presidential Award for Outstanding Student Chapter (the highest award of the International Society of Petroleum Engineers)
VK – @club_asoi_spe
- 65-75% of graduates every year start their career at Tatarstan enterprises such as Tatneft, Gazprom Transgaz Kazan, the ALNAS plant, service companies.
- 15-20% of graduates find employment at oil and gas enterprises outside Tatarstan in over 25 regions of Russia.
- 10% of graduates pursue their Master's and PhD degrees.
It was my father who told me about Almetyevsk State Oil Institute. I didn't plan to go to a foreign country, but my parents wanted me to study in Russia. I followed their advice and decided to send my documents to ASOI. I successfully passed my entrance exams and got a state-funded place. I like the city and ASOI dormitories very much. I feel safe in Almetyevsk!
- The petroleum capital of Tatarstan. The fourth place in Tatarstan in terms of population
- The multicultural environment: mosques and churches
- Plenty of sights, including museums, theaters, cultural centers, parks
- The sport environment: Olympic-size swimming pools, ice palaces, and the mountain ski resort 10 km from the city
- The cycling capital of Russia: unique cycling transport infrastructure
It is one of the best campuses in Russia. It is the embodiment of synergy of university, sectoral and academic science. The campus is located in the production and innovation center, and it has incorporated the best international campus practices:
- Laboratory research building fitted with required top-class equipment
- Modern gym on campus
- 712 places in two dormitories
- Two-person student rooms have everything you need for comfortable living
- Each block has a kitchen equipped with a microwave oven, a kettle, a multicooker
- Separate shower rooms, private laundry rooms, a buffet