Southern Federal University
SFedU is the largest research and education center in the south of Russia. It combines classical university traditions with modern innovative infrastructure and trains highly qualified specialists in such areas as physics and mathematics and natural sciences, engineering sciences, humanities and social and economic sciences, pedagogy, sports, architecture, and art.
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor's and Specialist's programs 145,000 – 354,000 RUB
Master's programs 125,000 – 296,000 RUB
PhD programs 137,000 – 170,000 RUB
- Free (nostrification) expert evaluation of education
- European Diploma Supplement
- International exchange programs
- 10 international ambassadors are students and graduates of SFedU
Applicants take all entrance exams online in test format using the proctoring system
The Division of Russian as a Foreign Language and General Courses for International Students (Preparatory Department) delivers supplementary general education programs preparing foreign citizens for professional educational programs in Russian.
The study program includes courses in Russian as a foreign language, language for science, general subjects.
- natural sciences
- engineering and technology
- medicine and biology
Tuition fee 135,000 RUB
At the end of the academic year, students take Russian language exams and exams in major subjects. After students successfully pass final exams, they obtain certificates confirming that they have successfully mastered the supplementary general education program.
Besides studying general subjects, students can additionally attend linguocultural studies lectures on traditions, customs and history of Russia, master classes and special courses.
Southern Federal University cooperates with recruitment agencies in various countries. The former Soviet Union and other foreign countries are a great platform to promote SFedU's educational programs.
The university takes an active part in international educational offline and online fairs. Visiting such countries as Uzbekistan, India, China, Tanzania, Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon provides the opportunity to promote the university, get prospective applicants, interested in future business partnership.
SFedU conducts world-class research in information technologies, smart materials, nanotechnologies, medicine of the future, robotics
- Network University of the Commonwealth of Independent States
- Russian-African Network University (RAFU)
- Russian-Kyrgyz Consortium of Technical Universities (RKKTU)
SFEDU International Students Assistance Center
- Issuing invitations for international students
- Migration registration in the student campus dormitories
- Social and psychological adaptation of international students for their full integration into the university's learning environment
Center of International Student Recruitment
All the information on admission documents
International Summer School of Russian Language and Culture
The summer school is held annually and offers its attendees various learning modules.
The program includes:
- Intensive language course
- Introductory cross-cultural program: sightseeing of the Don capital and the region
- Educational outreach activities
- Cultural and entertainment activities
- The Russian Club workshop classes
Most SFedU faculties and institutes are located in the city of Rostov-on-Don – a beautiful city with the richest heritage, the largest industrial and cultural center on the banks of the picturesque Don River.
SFedU engineering faculties are located in the city of Taganrog, which is situated on the shore of the Taganrog Bay of the Azov Sea.
SFedU students can use:
- Engineering centers
- Olympic-size swimming pool
- Student International Club
SFedU offers its students comfortable apartment-type dormitories. There are playgrounds, a library, and reading rooms on the campus, and student cafés.
SFedU campus is a guarded facility with security cameras and staff all around.