Admission To Russian Universities
Every year the Russian Government allocates quota (free for students) places for Mongolian young people to study at Russian universities. There were 600 such places this year.
Mongolian citizens can also study at Russian universities on a fee-paying basis. The cost of the educational programs is significantly lower than that of programs at universities in Europe and America, and Asian countries.
- Russian schools in Ulaanbaatar that teach Mongolian children under Russian programs
- Ulaanbaatar branch of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics
- Tours around Russian cities for the winners of trivia games organized with support from Rossotrudnichestvo
Russian House in Mongolia
Russia and Mongolia have long been maintaining amicable relations. They have been cultivating contacts in the field of science, education, culture, sports, and other areas. The Russian-Mongolian friendship days and cross festivals of culture are held on a regular basis. Many Russian universities cooperate with educational institutions in Mongolia.
To familiarize school students with Russian education, the Rossotrudnichestvo representative office– Russian House in Ulaanbaatar – holds some events for them:
- Russian language and natural sciences Olympiads – the winners can get an education quota place at a Russian university
- Russian language courses – if attendees successfully complete them, they can apply for an education quota place at a Russian university
- various events held in Russian and with the translation into Mongolian
- educational services fairs where staff members of prestigious Russian universities present their educational programs and tell the participants about admission requirements