Irkutsk National Research Technical University
Apply to Irkutsk National Research Technical University (INRTU). Not only will you gain profound knowledge in your field, but you can also acquire necessary hard and soft skills that will give you an edge in your job search.
- Any university student has the opportunity to participate in the academic mobility program and spend a semester or an academic year at one of 100 foreign partner universities
- INRTU also offers the grant covering transport expenses and health insurance
- The Student Startup Competition provides grant support for students’ startup projects. In 2023, the winners will get 1,000,000 RUB each for developing their project!
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor’s programs 90,000 – 154,000 RUB
Master’s programs 102,000 – 209,000 RUB
PhD programs 113,000 – 214,000 RUB
Bachelor’s programs 200,000 – 220,000 RUB
Master’s programs 200,000 – 230,000 RUB
- Apply online in Applicant’s Personal Account
- Pass online entrance exams
- Get the preliminary acceptance letter
- Get consular legalization of your educational certificate (if necessary)
- Sign the enrollment contract and pay for the first semester
- Wait for the invitation letter to obtain a visa (the processing time is 45 days)
- Get your visa at the Russian embassy or consulate in your country
- Prepare for your trip to Irkutsk
Chinese students must take only Russian/English language entrance exam
Tuition-free opportunities are available to:
- The Russian Government scholarship holders
- The winners of the International Intellectual Competition for School Students "Future Leaders of Eurasia." Every year the university holds the competition online, and the winners get a 100% discount on English-taught Bachelor’s programs at INRTU
Tip for applicants
To successfully enroll, students must take their entrance exam, submit all required documents in due time and prepare the translations of documents in advance.
International Admission Office
Pursuing the Sustainable Innovative Economics contributes significantly to my personal and professional development. There are plenty of interesting courses. My fellow students help each other, we are united and go forward as an international family! The professors in my program are from all over the world. This helps us better understand the world and gain new experience. I am sure that studying at INRTU will open the way for me in the world of the future and allow me to become a competent specialist capable of developing the world economy!
Fields of study
- Civil Engineering
- Monumental and Decorative Arts
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aircraft Engineering
- Heat Power Engineering and Electric Power Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Innovation Studies
- Artificial Intelligence and IT
- Information Security
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Applied Geology
- Artistic Materials Processing Technology
Popular study programs among students from China
- English-taught programs at the Baikal School of BRICS
- Russian-taught programs at the School of Economics, Management and Law
- Russian-taught programs at the School of Architecture, Construction and Design
It develops essential communication skills, starting from the zero level of Russian
Study areas: Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Social Science, Chemistry, and Biology
Duration: several courses lasting 4 - 15 months
Aspects of learning Russian
The body of Chinese students getting higher professional education at Irkutsk Polytech is the largest one.
Getting into the Russian system of higher professional education, Chinese students have to face challenges caused by the different educational systems of the two countries and different thinking and behavior strategies during the learning process.
Many Chinese students point out that speaking Russian and learning grammar are the most difficult aspects for them. The speaking clubs, created by the student communities, help solve this problem. Such clubs are usually organized by libraries and creative associations.
INRTU maintains close cooperation with industrial partners to provide students with internships and subsequent employment opportunities.
Among the partners are:
- China Association for Science and Technology
- Haizhi International Cooperation Agency
- Major Russian companies such as Nornickel, Rusal, Rosneft, Gazpromdobycha, Irkutskenergo, Irkutsk Oil Company
- International companies such as Polymetal International PLC, Schlumberger, British Petroleum, Halliburton, and others
International students at INRTU are employed without restrictions in accordance with the labor legislation of the Russian Federation if they meet the migration requirements.
Applying to a Russian university, international students can be sure that they will get active assistance in blending in with the socio-cultural environment and will be supported in solving any issues from the moment of their arrival in Russia.
The staff members of the International Services Center meet all international students at the airport/railway station in a comfortable bus and help them get accommodation in the university dormitory. They assist in getting health coverage and executing all registration- and visa-related documents. They also help students at banks or police stations, if necessary.
To facilitate adaptation of Chinese students, there are groups of tutors having a perfect command of the Chinese language. They help adapt to life in Russia, learn the Russian and English languages. INRTU offers international students over 40 clubs and student societies for sports, scientific, and cultural activities.