Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
Pirogov RNRMU is a leading medical university in the Russian Federation that trains physicians, pharmacists, clinical psychologists, social workers, and research staff.
Training is provided at the university clinics established at the leading medical centers in Moscow and at the clinical departments that are a part of the university.
RNRMU is the only Russian medical university that was assigned a category of National Research University.
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor's and Specialist's programs 315,000 – 500,000 RUB
Master's programs 250,000 – 370,000 RUB
Residency programs 520,000 – 600,000 RUB
PhD programs 410,000 – 450,000 RUB
Places allocated for the 2024-2025 academic year
- 75 fee-paying places
- 75 state-funded places
Specialist’s and Bachelor’s programs
- General Medicine (General Medicine major) RU, EN
- General Medicine (Fundamental Medicine major)
- Dentistry RU, EN
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Biophysics
- Medical Cybernetics
- Clinical Psychology
- Employment Psychology
- Social Work
- Biology RU, EN
Pirogov RNRMU trains students from foreign countries so that they can pursue higher and postgraduate education at our university or any other Russian university.
Foreign citizens can apply to the university based on the results of the Unified State Exams, as well as the results of entrance exams held by the university.
All tests (except for entrance tests in a foreign language and tests for those applying for English-taught programs) are conducted in Russian.
- computer-based testing (offline or online)
- in oral and written forms (offline)
- computer-based testing (offline)
Documents required for admission
- Passport or any other document confirming identity
- Visa (for citizens of countries that maintain a visa regime of entry and stay in the territory of the Russian Federation). They should wait for an invitation for visa application – Online form of the “Invitation for Visa Application” request – for at least one month
- Certificate of foreign education recognition in the territory of the Russian Federation if such a certificate is required when submitting the document issued in a foreign state
- Referral from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education to study within the quota established by the Russian Federation Government (if any)
- Copy of medical certificate confirming the absence of medical contraindications to studying, Fluorography picture, HIV, HBs, HCV tests
- Voluntary health insurance policy which is valid in the territory of the Russian Federation
- Notarized translation of all foreign documents into Russian
Every year the preparatory courses of our university bring together attendees from more than 30 countries.
They study the Russian language, physics, chemistry, and biology.
160,000 RUB crash course, 4 months
320,000 RUB complete course, 10 months
Vice-Rector for International Affairs, Dean of the International School of Medicine
Department of Admission to Higher Professional Education Programs
Head of the Department
Doors Open Days
Doors Open Day is the most important event for applicants that helps them get to know the university and its life better, choose a study program, have a talk with the dean of the chosen faculty, and get competent advice on admission from the Admission Office staff members.
Students take an active part in university research. The university organized the Student Scientific Society.
Discounts and awards
- F. Gaaz award for foreign citizens pursuing Bachelor’s and Specialist’s programs at Pirogov RNRMU
- A personal award in the amount covering the yearly tuition fee: a 100% discount
- Senior students (from the fourth-year) having a 5.0 grade point average in their record book can be eligible for a discount
- 10% if the exams are passed with flying colors
Every year more than 12,000 people study at the university and more than 10, 000 people pursue continuing professional education programs here.