Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology. Admissions
SPSIT(TU) is a leading Russian university in chemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology, nanotechnology, mechanics, information technologies, management and economics.
- 110 graduates are Academicians and Corresponding Members of the Russian Academy of Sciences and industry-specific academies
- ≈ 3 000 international graduates participate in creating and developing chemical production technologies in Russia and the CIS countries, countries of Europe, Baltic states, countries of Asia, Africa, the Middle East, America
Tuition fees for the 2021/2022 academic year
49,500 – 221,000 RUB
Preparatory Department 150,000 RUB
Admission within the quota
- 1st stage – selection in the foreign country.
- 2nd stage is held by the Russian educational institutions ready to enroll international students following the first stage.
Admission to the next education level
International students completing their education in Russia in the current academic year and wishing to continue their studies at the next level of professional education also must undergo the selection procedure. The information about foreign citizens wishing to study in Russia is collected.
The Rossotrudnichestvo representative in the foreign country or the Rossotrudnichestvo representative abroad perform the functions of the single selection operator in the foreign country.
When submitting their admission documents, foreign citizens or stateless persons:
- specify their identity document particulars in their application form
- submit the original or copy (electronic copy) of the identity document
- Application form with the colored photo attached
- Copy of the sheet with the selection tests results
- Copies of the documents confirming education and (or) qualification obtained in the foreign state
- Document confirming the absence of medical contraindications to studying in Russia
- Document confirming the absence of HIV and AIDS
- Positive results of compulsory medical examinations
- The list of published research papers
- Submitted documents translated into Russian and certified in accordance with the established procedure
It offers high-quality education to applicants interested in modern mechanics, physical and mechanical processes and phenomena, computer design and research technologies, modern construction methods, implementation of nanotechnologies.
There is a high demand for graduates of the SPSIT(TU) Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. For example, for graduates with a degree in Technological Machines and Equipment, the employment rate is 94.1% and the average graduate salary is 58,500 RUB according to the Pension Fund of Russia
The faculty is affiliated with the most advanced enterprises. Some of them, for example, the calcined soda production enterprises, were established at the end of the 19th century, but today they operate based on state-of-the-art technologies.
Other production facilities design tailored materials (using nanotechnologies) that have unique chemical and thermal resistance.
The industries involving careful treatment such as manufacturing of materials for endoprostheses, bone implants is also the field where our graduates can apply their competencies.
This work is especially suitable for women as it is creative, careful and accurate.
Chemical engineering studied at the faculty covers a wide range of industries, from oil and gas processing into energy carriers to manufacturing of products with the complex structure and composition such as polymers, dyes, sorbents, medicines, cosmetic products, biologically active substances, and others.
The faculty offers interesting studies, study placements as part of academic mobility and double degree programs, work placements at the top Russian and foreign enterprises, and later – creative and high-paying jobs.
Thanks to high-quality training of engineers for the nuclear power industry and diverse radiation technologies, SPSIT(TU) was included among flagship universities of ROSATOM State Atomic Energy Corporation.
A high percentage of graduates work in the defense industry and nuclear power industry. The educational process is partly conducted at top defense industry enterprises that employ recent graduates.
Master's programs in English 2022-2023 academic year
- Technological Machines and Equipment, the educational program "Intensification of Processes and Energy Efficient Processing Equipment"
- Energy and Resource Saving Processes in Chemical Engineering, Petrochemistry and Biotechnology, the educational program "Resource Saving and Energy Efficient Industrial Processes and Technologies"
- High-technology Production of Functional and Special-Purpose Foods, the educational program "Biotechnology of Functional Foods"
- Nanomaterials, the educational program "Nanomaterials for Industry 4.0"
The Institute of Technology employs researchers famous for their achievements in various areas of chemistry, chemical engineering and technology.
- 4 laureates of the USSR State Awards and the Russian Government Awards in Science and Technology
- 15 Academicians and Corresponding Members of Russian and international academies
- 7 Honored Workers of Science and Technology of Russia
- 5 Honored Workers of Higher Education of the Russian Federation
- 35 Honored Workers of Higher Professional Education of Russia
- 7 Honored Educators of Russia
The outstanding Russian chemist Dmitri Mendeleev taught at the Department of Chemistry for many years. It is here that he discovered the Periodic Law.
Developments for high-tech industries
- Rocket and space technology
- Information science
- Materials sciences
- Functional materials
- Human life support and environmental protection
- Industrial and engineering safety
- Energy conservation
- Chemical engineering and biotechnology
- Petrochemistry and oil refining
- Software products for industrial processes
- Control and automation facilities
- Equipment for complex chemical engineering systems