South Ural State University
South Ural State University is one of the Russian higher education leaders, the region's center for innovative development in Digital Industry, Material Science, and Ecology.
The university’s advantage is high-quality education at affordable prices.
- Institute of Architecture and Construction
- School of Medical Biology
- School of Economics and Management
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- Institute of Linguistics and Intercultural Communications
- Institute of Media, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Institute of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Institute of Sport, Tourism and Service
- Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Institute of Law
- 46 small innovative enterprises
SUSU campus is one of the best and the largest in Russia. The dormitory buildings are within walking distance of the educational buildings. The campus is located in the center of Chelyabinsk and comprises nine dormitories. It is located near the vast urban woodland with the culture and recreation park, the student medical center, a swimming pool, gyms, and the shopping center.
Kaspersky Lab, Sberbank, Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works, KAMAZ, Roscosmos and Rosatom State Corporations, and many others.
Multilingual website susu.ru/en
VK – @susu4you
Tuition fees per year
≈ 1,800 – 2,800 USD*
*The exchange rate can fluctuate
Documents required for admission
to Bachelor’s and Master’s programs
- International passport
- Document confirming previous education
- Translations of documents into Russian
Entrance exams are held in test format or individually in interview format
For foreign citizens
- Visa support is free of charge
- Execution of documents is free of charge
- Meeting at the airport is free of charge
- Guaranteed accommodation in the dormitory ≈ 20 USD per month
After admission to any Russian university, students must undergo
- Medical examination ≈ 75 USD per year
- Medical certification ≈ 100 USD one-time payment
How to apply?
- Send your documents to applicant@susu
- Fill in the application form and pay for your enrollment contract
- Get an invitation to enter Russia
Application deadline is August 1
International Student Support
The languages of instruction are Russian and English
To pursue Russian-taught programs, international students can take a one-year preparatory course throughout the year to master Russian and special subjects in Russian as part of the SUSU Foundation Program.
Foundation Program for International Students
The course of Russian as a Foreign Language and major disciplines
Starting level is А0
- Engineering sciences –engineering, information technology, car manufacturing, civil engineering, architecture
- Humanities – law, history, linguistics, psychology
- Medical sciences –sport and health research
- Economic sciences – economics, management, marketing, business administration, econometrics
- Natural sciences – biology, physics, chemistry, nanotechnologies
Tuition fee 99,000 RUB ≈ 1,400 USD (the exchange rate can fluctuate)
Today South Ural State University is one of the leaders in modern Russian education! We honor our history and the university’s traditions and make progress responding to the challenges of our time.
Popular programs in English
Bachelor’s programs, 4 years
- Mechatronics and Robotics. Mechatronics
- Food Technology and Catering. Functional Foods and Nutrition
- Economics. International Economics and Trade
Master’s programs, 2 years
- Heat and Power Engineering. Heat Power Engineering
- Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering. Electrical Power Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Technological Machinery and Equipment
- Mechatronics and Robotics. Mechatronics
- Finance and Credit
- International Relations
Applicants from African countries have the opportunity to get the Russian Government Scholarship at education-in-russia.com
I've been living in Chelyabinsk for 4.5 years already. In the beginning, I studied Russian, and then I embarked on a Master's degree at the Faculty of Psychology. Now I combine my PhD studies and work at the International Office of South Ural State University. I've fulfilled myself and found my vocation here!
The South Ural Association of International Students and Alumni is the biggest association of international students in the region.
This is a team of friendship, mutual assistance and support for those who have chosen the university in the Chelyabinsk Region to live their eventful student life!