Vladivostok State University (VVSU) is one of the leaders of the higher education in the Russian Far East and a symbol of high-quality and competitive education. VVSU is one of Russia’s best universities training practitioners who are ready and able to work, earn money and build their future even before graduation.
15,000+ students, including 450+ international students from 25 countries
- Top 100 best Russian universities
- Participation in the project of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia “Future Skills University”
- VVSU Volunteer Center is among the most active volunteer organizations in Russia
VK – @vvsu_dv
Telegram – @vvsu_dv
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor’s programs 182 600–354 420 RUB (1 873–3 634 USD)
Master’s programs 209 000–384 450 RUB (2 143–3 942 USD)
PhD programs 233 200–239 800 RUB (2 391–2 459 USD)
*1 RUB = 0.0102524 USD at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation as of September 6, 2023
- Homelike university. The university has created a comfortable atmosphere on campus so that international students can feel at home
- Multicultural environment
- Eventful student life
- An opportunity to get personal scholarships for active participation in the university and city life
- An opportunity to undertake free study placements at foreign partner universities
Popular fields of study
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- International Relations
- Media Communication
- Transportation Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering
All programs are taught in Russian. International applicants who do not speak Russian can enter the preparatory faculty.
Starting from the first days, students are completely immersed in the language environment: they take an intensive Russian language course and study other subjects required for taking entrance exams. Classes are conducted by experienced teachers using both traditional and modern teaching methods.
The preparatory faculty life goes beyond the university walls. Guided museum and sightseeing tours in the city have become a tradition. Students get unforgettable experience when visiting the opera and ballet theater, the oceanarium, and the safari park.
Duration: 1 year
Tuition fee 160,000 RUB
For those applying within the Russian Government quota for the 2024-2025 academic year
Register on the website education-in-russia.com, carefully fill in the electronic application form, and confirm it.
Specify in your application form:
- Your personal data
- Your profession, major, or field of study
- Your education level
- Your Russian language proficiency level
Specify the university you like most in the first place and other universities – in descending order of preference.
You will also be required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of your passport (which is valid at least 18 months from the moment of your expected arrival in the Russian Federation) or birth certificate
- Copies of the documents confirming your education and (or) qualification obtained in a foreign state
- Standard medical certificate confirming the absence of contraindications to studying in the Russian Federation with the HIV infection test results
- Copies of the documents which are notarized and translated into Russian (you can get the full list of documents at the Russian House in your country)
Find yourself in the list of candidates.
Inform us about your being selected a candidate for studying within the quota at VVSU so that we can confirm you in our system.
Wait for the notification of your admission to the university and further instructions.
Get an invitation to apply for a Russian visa (if required) and inform VVSU about your arrival so that we can make arrangements to meet you at the airport.
Studying within the quota is free of charge
VVSU dormitory accommodation, per month 2,200 RUB
Academic excellence scholarship, per month 8,000 RUB
Minimal scholarship, per month 2,400 RUB
+7 423 240-41-38
+7 964 431-44-74 WhatsApp, Telegram
VVSU takes special pride in the campus which is located near the center of Vladivostok.
The special thing about the campus is that all educational buildings, dormitories, the theater and concert center, the advanced health clinic, the sports center, stores and canteens are connected by the general system of crossings. In bad weather or cold winter, there is no need to go outside because you have everything at hand.
The university is surrounded by the fantastic territory. Its concept is history, philosophy, and ecology. Here you can enjoy amazing compactness of the Japanese stone garden, the beauty of relic plants in the Ussuri taiga and visit Russia’s first monument to poet Osip Mandelstam. The campus open for the city people is one of the favorite places of Vladivostok residents.
Besides studying, students get acquainted and communicate with each other, do sport, attend concerts, participate in various events such as I Study in Russia, the Interuniversity Spartakiad for International Students, Mister and Miss VVSU, the Golden Autumn talent competition.
Interesting student life
- Student youth associations
- Volunteer center
- STUDiYA student TV project
- Student sports club
Students come from
The university has the Center helping students and graduates adapt to the job market in modern socio-economic conditions.
Every year workshops, employers’ master classes, job fairs, and career nights are held, where you get information on job openings and side jobs at major Russian and international companies and the university. International students have the right to work in their study-free time.