Vyatka State Agrotechnological University
Vyatka State Agrotechnological University trains specialists in agronomy, biology, animal science, veterinary medicine, agricultural engineering, and economics.
The university cooperates with major agro-industrial enterprises of the Russian Federation that offer internships and subsequent employment for students and graduates.
Arrival and adaptation
The university staff members meet and accompany each international applicant. They provide support and assistance in getting residence registration, health insurance and dormitory accommodation.
VSATU focuses extensively on the youth policy which is mainly aimed not only at training highly qualified and competitive personnel but also at developing a socially responsible and creative individual leading a healthy lifestyle. All international students have ample opportunities to carry out research, creative and leisure activities such as implementation of scientific projects and participation in conferences at different levels, sports activity, volunteering, staging dramatic and dance performances at the university.
All full-time international students in good academic standing get a scholarship in the amount of 6,000 – 10,000 RUB per month. They have the opportunity to get an increased scholarship for active participation in international, cultural, sports events held by the university.
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor’s programs 120,000 – 140,000 RUB
Master’s programs 122,000 – 148,000 RUB
Specialist’s programs 120,000 – 140,000 RUB
PhD programs 149,000 – 159,000 RUB
Documents are submitted and entrance exams are held from June 20 till August 19.
Entrance exams are held offline and online:
- for Bachelor’s programs: exams in three subjects
- for Master’s programs: test in a corresponding field of study
- for PhD programs: exam in a special subject
Student can pursue Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD programs:
- on a contract (fee-paying) basis
- within the Russian Government quota
- Prepare and send your document package to firstname.lastname@example.org
- international passport and its notarized translation
- academic credentials and transcripts legalized in accordance with the established procedure and notarized translation
- foreign education recognition certificate (if necessary)
- 3×4 cm photo
- motivation letter (for Master’s/PhD programs)
- list of publications (for PhD programs)
- Pass entrance exams
- Get an invitation from the university and apply for a student visa to study in Russia
- Inform us about your arrival date
The program “Preparation of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons for Mastering Russian-taught Professional Educational Programs.”
100,000 – 125,000 RUB per year
The study program includes three levels: elementary, basic, and advanced levels. Besides, the course attendees are offered three elective courses required for admission to the universities in the Russian Federation.
The course attendees go on educational and themed museum and sightseeing tours in the city of Kirov and the region. Since 2020, the university has been implementing the Summer School of Student Leaders program associated with the International Youth Day with various entertainment and educational activities.
Tips for learning Russian
The most difficult thing for beginners is written speech.
- Place emphasis on phonetics and spelling as writing plays an important supportive role in teaching reading, speaking, grammar, vocabulary
- Learn to record oral speech:
- Read in Russian
- Listen to Russian music
- Watch Russian movies
- It is important that you start speaking Russian from the very beginning of the course. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes: everyone makes them!
- Your teacher will appreciate your efforts to speak Russian and will try to understand you
- Come to Russia to practice Russian
It is important that you don’t stop improving your writing and speaking skills at all levels of learning Russian.
Major – Livestock Production Technology
The program trains Bachelors of Animal Science in the field of livestock production technology. The program graduates have the knowledge needed to use modern methods and technologies in animal feeding and breeding and livestock product processing technology.
- engineering and manufacturing
- organization and management
Students undertake internships at advanced farms in the Kirov Region and research institutions.
While pursuing the educational program, students learn to draw up diets using computer programs, plan and manage manufacturing processes in cattle breeding using programs such as Selex, Fias, and Hybrid in particular.
Graduates work at industrial farms and estates manufacturing milk and meat, stud farms, pedigree breeding units, hybrid breeding centers, livestock product processing enterprises, feed and feed additive manufacturers.
Tuition fee per year: 140,000 RUB
Language of instruction: Russian