Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology is the leading technical higher education institution in Russia. It is included in the prestigious rankings of the world’s best universities. It provides training in fundamental and applied physics, mathematics, informatics, chemistry, biology, computer technology, and other natural and exact sciences.
Today Phystech is an advanced scientific center. Over the last years, it has set up the laboratories employing world-famous scientists. The researchers focus on the issues of aging and aging-associated diseases, applied and fundamental physics, nanooptics, quantum computing, photonics.
Founding fathers of Phystech are three Nobel laureates: Pyotr Kapitsa, Nikolay Semenov, and Lev Landau.
- Phystech Schools
– Landau Phystech School of Physics and Research
– Radio Engineering and Computer Technology
– Aerospace Technology
– Electronics, Photonics and Molecular Physics
– Applied Mathematics and Informatics
– Biological and Medical Physics
- Institute of Nano-, Bio-, Information, Cognitive and Socio-humanistic Sciences and Technologies
- Higher School of System Engineering
- Department of Technological Entrepreneurship
Starting from the third year of Bachelor’s studies, students work for specialized organizations and research institutes where they have the opportunity to put into practice the knowledge they acquire.
Among the MIPT’s partner employers are Yandex, Rosneft, Sberbank, Gazprom, Rostelecom, A4 Technologies.