Higher School of Economics
Higher School of Economics is a leading research university in Russia. Its expert and project activities cover a wide variety of fields, from economics and management to design and technology. The university's commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to education allows our graduates to become valuable personnel for the world academic and professional community.
Four campuses – one university. Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Perm, and Nizhny Novgorod
Popular fields of study
- Mathematics and Mechanics
- Political Sciences and Regional Studies
- Economics and Management
- Social Sciences
- Mass Media and Information and Library Science
- Psychological Sciences
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor's programs – from 2,500 USD
Master's programs – from 2,500 USD
PhD programs – from 8,500 USD
Aspects of the Learning Process
- Individual learning path: elective and optional courses
- Minor is an additional specialization supplementing the major (MagoLego for Master's studies)
- Compulsory subjects related to digital literacy and the English language; practical training and project activities
- The opportunity to spend one or two semesters at a foreign university under the international academic mobility program
International Preparatory Programs Center
The center provides comprehensive training for foreign citizens to prepare them for Bachelor's and Master's programs in Russian
- Russian language courses (basic, intensive, online/offline)
- Language of the major (study areas: humanities, economics, engineering and technology)
- Studying general subjects
- Preparation for TORFL
- Age – 18 years old and over
- Complete secondary education
Tuition fee – from 1,400 USD
Foreign citizens who have been awarded the Russian Government scholarship are eligible for tuition-free education. For this purpose, they should specify in their selection application form that they need a preparatory Russian language course.
The Ways to Enrol at HSE University
2,000 state scholarships from the Russian Government for foreign citizens
State scholarships are awarded by the HSE University selection board based on the recommendations of educational programs. It covers 100% of the tuition fee.
- For Bachelor's degree applicants– based on the results of entrance exams
- For Master's degree applicants – based on the portfolio competition results
- HSE International Olympiad – for Bachelor's degree applicants
- Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project – for Master's degree applicants
Successful participation gives international applicants the right to study at the university for free in a chosen field of study using the Russian Government scholarship.
Partial grants for foreign citizens
The grants covering 25-70% of the tuition fee are awarded to foreign citizens based on their total score in the entrance exams or the portfolio competition.
Applying through Rossotrudnichestvo
You can get a quota place if you apply on the website education-in-russia.com and undergo selection at the Russian House in your country.
Nota bene! To get a quota place at HSE University, you should also pass entrance exams at the university.
To apply for participation in the HSE University's competition, you should register in the International Applicant's Personal Account and upload the document package. You can take entrance examinations online and offline.
Comfortable living and study environment
- International students having a state scholarship from the Russian Government are accommodated in HSE University's dormitories
- The university provides assistance in choosing accommodation options to students who study on a contract basis or have partial study grants
- HSE University has very comfortable educational buildings with up-to-date infrastructure, including libraries, canteens, cafés, coworking spaces
Extracurricular student life at HSE University offers:
- Language and national clubs, cultural festivals
- Case study clubs, the business incubator, debate clubs
- The student council, advisors, scientific communities, and many other things
We care about your career
HSE University’s Career Center holds individual career consultations with students helping them get their first job or internship.
The Center specialists unite students and employers by posting job openings, organizing internships and holding various events such as career marathons and fairs, meetings and workshops.
HSE University is ranked among the Top 250 of QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022, which shows high demand for graduates