National University of Oil and Gas
The university provides training in all areas of the oil and gas industry: from exploration, extraction, transportation, processing of oil and gas, creation of technology and information support for engineering processes to studying economic and international aspects of the oil and gas market.
- Petroleum Geology and Geophysics
- Oil and Gas Field Development
- Design, Construction and Exploitation of Pipeline
- Transport Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automation and Computer Engineering
- Integrated Security of the Fuel and Energy Complex
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Economics and Management
- International Energy Business
- Orenburg, Russia
- Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Video about the university
Faculties' Virtual Doors Open Days
VK – @gubkin.university
Telegram – @gubkin_university
Tuition fees per year
300,000 – 400,000 RUB
- Those who apply within the Russian Government quota take an exam in the Russian language
- Those who apply on a fee-paying basis take exams in mathematics and the Russian language
The admission regulations can change. Follow the news on gubkin.ru
Doors Open Days are held annually on the last Sunday of November and March.
Join us online on the university website www.gubkin.ru
The language of instruction is Russian
You can pursue Master's programs in English
You can study Russian at
- the university's Preparatory Department
- you can get a Russian language certificate at TORFL testing centers in your country of residence
International Students Office
Alexander A. Shcherbina
+7 499 507-91-85
+7 499 507-80-42
+7 499 507-84-06
- Bachelor's programs. Russian language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Drawing, Informatics
- Master's and PhD programs. Russian language, Further Mathematics, Informatics
After graduates of the Preparatory Department successfully pass their final exam, they are admitted to entrance exams for the first year of Bachelor's/Specialist's/ Master's/PhD studies.
Duration 1 year
Tuition fee 220,000 RUB
International Students Office
Popular fields of study
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Informatics and Computer Engineering
Oil and Gas Engineering (Bachelor's programs)
- Drilling of Oil and Gas Wells (full-time)
- Operation and Maintenance of Oil Production Facilities (full-time)
- Operation and Maintenance of Gas and Gas Condensate Production Facilities and Underground Storages (full-time, part-time)
- Construction and Repair of Gas and Oil Pipelines and Storage Facilities (full-time, part-time)
- Operation and Maintenance of Transport and Storage Facilities for Oil, Gas and Refined Products (full-time, part-time )
- Experimental work at the department laboratories
- Work on onshore and offshore drilling simulators
- Drilling supervisor, process engineer
- Assistant driller, driller, well service operator, oil and gas production operator, operator of booster and cluster pump stations, water and oil pretreatment plants
- Production submanager at oil and gas companies
- Positions at design, engineering and research organizations
- Most international students are sought after by oil and gas companies all over the world.
Visitors are taken from the airport to the city by
- Aeroexpress trains 300 — 400 RUB
- Taxi — 900 RUB
Metro is the fastest and the most comfortable transport in the city. The fare is 60 RUB per trip.
It is easy to get to the university, so students arriving in Moscow are met at the university at the address: 65, Leninsky Prospekt, bld. 1, Moscow. The Akademicheskaya metro station.
Upon arrival, foreign citizens receive comprehensive visa support, but they must get health insurance themselves.
All foreign students are accommodated in the university campus — the comfortable dormitories. Each room accommodates 2-3 persons. The accommodation fee is around 20,000 RUB per year.
- 5 dormitory buildings, over 4,000 places
- A gym, a skiing center, a football field with workout areas, basketball and volleyball courts
- Dance, instrumental, drama studios, a chess club, a movie club, an art studio and a recording studio
The Week of National Cultures is an annual event aiming to improve the relationship between the university's ethnic groups. The program includes a photo show of the unique sights of various nations, a quest game, the Guess a Movie contest, an exhibition of national costumes, national cuisines, and a gala concert.
International Friendship Club
The social youth organization familiarizes students with the culture and creativity of various peoples in Russia and foreign countries. The Club works with 22 fellow countrymen associations established at the university. At the beginning of an academic year, they find "their" guys on the list of enrollees and help first-year students adapt to the university and Russia.