Omsk State Technical University
OmSTU is one of the largest technical universities in Russia with state-of-the-art equipment that ensures high quality of professional training.
The university trains highly qualified specialists not only in traditional fields of engineering but also in promising research areas such as additive technologies, IT, aerospace engineering, biotechnologies and food industry, and urban studies and design. The language of instruction is Russian.
- State-of-the-art educational and multimedia classrooms
- Educational space "Boiling Point"
- OmSTU PolyTechnoPark that unites all the university's resource centers
- The largest university library in the region
- Polytechnic sports and recreation camp
- Sports centers and clubs, a swimming pool
- Media center
- Volunteer center
- Student club
- Creative studios: singing, dancing, drama, the Club of the Funny and Inventive, and many others
- Art Residence is an open regional platform of OmSTU for non-governmental and creative initiatives
- 6 comfortable dormitory buildings
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor's and Specialist's programs ≥ 38,400 RUB
Master's programs ≥ 53,400 RUB
PhD programs ≥ 41,800 RUB
Faculties and institutes
- Faculty of Information Technologies and Computer Systems
- Transport, Oil and Gas Faculty
- Radio Engineering Faculty
- Faculty of Economics, Service and Management
- Faculty of Art and Technology
- Faculty of Humanities
- Mechanical Engineering Institute
- Petrochemical Institute
- Energy Engineering Institute
- Faculty of Elite Education and Master's Degree Programs
- Distance Learning Institute
Application opening dates for 2023
- Full-time study – June 19
- Extramural and part-time study – February 1
Application closing date – July 20
Financial support for students
- State scholarships
- The Russian President and Government scholarships
- Personal scholarships
- Financial assistance
International applicants can be admitted to state-funded places
- Within the Rossotrudnichestvo quota
- According to the documents confirming their compatriot status
- Based on the results of their entrance exams at OmSTU – for citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan
International Relations Office
Without false modesty, I can say that I am a happy student of OmSTU, one of the best Russian universities. I chose this university because I knew that I would get a decent education and have plenty of opportunities for personal development here. OmSTU teachers are true professionals and talented researchers who share their knowledge, helping us become highly qualified specialists.
- Sharing experience with international teachers and students as part of academic mobility
- Participation in research and technology conferences, cultural and sports forums
OmSTU has developed a system to support research and innovative activities of students and young researchers. Starting from their first years of study, students participate in subject Olympiads at different levels (from intramural to all-Russian and international Olympiads), win subsidies and grants to develop their ideas.
OmSTU offers students the opportunities to develop and implement their startups, develop their careers, monetize their projects, raise funds and find employment in the field of science, technology and innovations.
Plenty of Russian and foreign enterprises and organizations cooperate with OmSTU, offering students the opportunities to get practical skills, undertake internships, and find jobs.