Pyatigorsk State University
PSU trains linguists, philologists, and specialists who have a good command of foreign languages and cross-cultural communication skills in various areas such as economics, management, law, journalism, tourism, psychology, architecture, design, etc. The university offers 24 foreign languages including Russian as a foreign language.
- Foreign Languages and International Tourism
- International Relations
- Translatology, Russian Studies, and Multilingualism
- Roman and Germanic Languages, Information and Humanitarian Technologies
Extramural studies, information technologies, and online projects.
Training of highly qualified personnel.
- Design and Architecture
Tuition fees per year
137,100 – 210,000 RUB
Foreign citizens coming to Russia from visa countries for studying must get an invitation from the university. They must submit a scanned copy of their passport and completed application form to the Office of International Relations and Academic Programs via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- European Diploma Supplement in English
- Academic exchange programs: Erasmus+, Mevlana
- Double degree programs (Linguistics; Cross-cultural Communication; Tourism and Hospitality; Advertising and Public Relations) with partner universities in Austria , Italy , France , and Spain
- Internships and study placements abroad
- Summer schools
Intensive program for foreign citizens: Russian language, Russian history, and social science
Duration 1 year
Tuition fee 98,000 RUB
Russian language courses
Experienced teachers familiarize course participants with grammar, lexis, and speaking and writing standards of the Russian language.
he tuition fee includes
- Educational program – 102,960 RUB for 1 academic year (12 academic hours of Russian language per week, and an option to pay for extra hours)
- Registration fee – 3,500 RUB
- Transfer (if necessary) – 2,100 RUB
- Dormitory – 3,000 RUB per month
The department also conducts intensive summer courses in July.
Center of International Education
Let's go to Pyatigorsk from Moscow
Plane: several daily flights, travel time is 2 hours, the fare is 4,866 RUB and more
Train: travel time is 24 hours, the fare is 3,597 RUB and more
- 9 educational buildings, 5 dormitories
- One of the largest libraries in the south of Russia (with a total stock of 850,000+ items)
- 15 language and cultural centers, the business school, the legal clinic, the PROFI-SOTSI-LINGVA volunteer center, the media center
- The Damkhurts health and fitness center, health-improvement facilities on the Black Sea coast
Physical education and sports
There are sports centers with table tennis, halls for aerobics and bodybuilding, gyms. Football, tennis, and volleyball are the most popular sports among students.
The university mountaineering club is the best one in the south of Russia. The PSU corporate banner was taken to the peaks of Mount Ararat in Turkey, Kilimanjaro in Africa, Pico de Orizaba in Mexico, Olympus in Greece, East and West summits of Elbrus, Demavend in Iran, Mount Kazbek, Ojos del Salado on the border of Chile and Argentina, Kala Patthar in Nepal, Vesuvius in Italy.
The university offers foreign citizens 2-3-person comfortable dormitories on campus. Also, they can rent an apartment outside the campus on their own. The landlord must register the foreign citizen in the rented apartment.
The well-designed security system includes electronic access cards to enter the university buildings and dormitories, a video surveillance system, 24-hour security guard services.
- Consultations for applicants and assistance in admission to PSU
- Meeting at Mineralnye Vody airport or the railway station in Pyatigorsk (Mon.–Fri., 09:00–17:00), transfer to the university campus, accommodation in the dormitory
- Comprehensive support in preparing visa, registration, medical, and other documents required to stay in Russia
- Familiarization with the city and its neighborhood
- Explanation of Russian laws
- Familiarization with the cultural characteristics of Russia
- Assistance in solving everyday problems
- The university has the Socio-Cultural Adaptation Club PSU TALK
Psychological support programs
- Original programs for personal development and self-enhancement
- Workshops aimed to develop creativity, confidence, and leadership skills
- Professional development workshops, time management
- Learning process adaptation workshops
Tutoring and advising programs
- Comprehensive tutoring support in exchange education: individual work and teamwork, individual support in the educational environment, ensuring optimal teacher-student interaction
- Institute of advisors of academic groups and courses: assistance in solving study problems that arise
- The Annual Friendship Festival "Russia is Our Common Home" including presentations of national dishes, traditions, culture, and performing arts by the university's multinational students
- University contests for first-year students "Green Apple," weeks of languages, days of institutes of higher schools
- Festive events and concerts of graduates