research and methodological laboratories
The State University of Land Use Planning gave a start to land use planning education and science in various regions of Russia as well as in some foreign countries. SULUP is Russia’s only higher education institution where you can find all Earth-related fields of study.
The university is an academic member of the International Federation of Surveyors (FIG) represented by 186 countries and 400 universities providing training in land use planning.
The university maintains stable relationships with the educational, scientific, and production organizations from 69 countries. It implements academic exchange, double degree, and project week programs and participates in Erasmus+ international projects.
130+ PhD and doctoral students
VK – @guz_vuz
Telegram – @fgbouvoguz
Tuition fees per year
60,000 – 336,300 RUB
- SULUP is the world’s and Russia’s largest center for land use planning science and education, with a successful experience of participating in implementing major state initiatives in the field of land and agrarian transformations
- SULUP supports and develops close cooperation with the industry
- SULUP graduates are in demand and are successfully employed in their degree field
- SULUP scientists have established and are heads of most academic schools of land use planning that are well-known in Russia and abroad. They participate in planning, appraisal and practical implementation of large-scale projects in land use planning management in Russia
In 2011-2021, the University trained more than 15,000 specialists from 34 countries.
More about the tuition fees by level of education and mode of study
For international applicants
Fields of study
- Land Use Planning and Cadastres
- Applied Geodesy
- Environmental Management
- Landscape Architecture
Popular educational programs and their benefits
As evidenced by international experience, the share of professionals with university degrees, who work in the field of land use planning of economically developed countries, is at least 60% of the enterprises’ number of staff. Every year, more than 70% of SULUP graduates get employed by government authorities, at organizations and institutions, and agricultural enterprises of Russia. According to the data from the performance monitoring of the universities of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia, the share of employed graduates was 80-100% in 2017-2012.
Foreign citizens can take a one-year course in Russian as a Foreign Language at the Preparatory Department.
The Preparatory Department provides pre-university training for students who are going to pursue higher professional or postgraduate education programs taught in Russian at Russian universities.
Studying at the Preparatory Department:
- Students have the opportunity to combine their preparation for admission to a Russian university and completion of their previous level of education in their home countries
- Throughout the entire educational process, students are supported by experienced advisors who teach at SULUP
- Flexible schedules and lower tuition fees compared with other universities
- The number of students in a group is 14 people
- Year-round pre-university training programs
- After students successfully pass exams, they obtain state-recognized certificates of completion of the pre-university training course
- Engineering and technology
- Medicine and biology
- Intensive course
If you have decided to study at our University, you must get an invitation to study. For this purpose, you must submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Passport copy
- Translation of the passport into Russian
- Educational certificate
- Translation of the educational certificate into Russian
- Completed application form
The invitation will be ready a month after you obtain your documents. It will be sent to your email specified in your application form.
After you get the invitation, you must submit your documents to the Russian Consulate and obtain a visa to enter Russia.
Going to study in Russia, do not forget to take your school leaving certificate + Bachelor’s degree certificate if you apply for a Master’s degree.
Application form for an invitation
In the beginning, Russians seemed cold to me compared with Latin America, but later I realized that Russians are faithful and sincere people when they give you their friendship.
I like Moscow. But my favorite place in Russia is Murmansk. In Murmansk, I could observe the Polar Day, and, in winter, the northern lights. That’s incredible!
The most difficult thing was the language, but I practice it every day and try to improve myself.
In my free time, I like cooking, taking photos, and traveling.
Russian language courses
+7 901 799-71-55
+7 499 261-59-79
International Relations Department
+7 499 261-71-40
Hotline for international students entering Russia
Learning process management:
+7 499 261-70-87
+7 499 261-36-96
General enquiries (visas, migration registration, health insurance, vaccination):
+7 499 261-71-40
International attendees are accommodated in the dormitory. The dormitory is a 12-story panel building with recessed balconies. The lodging units with a total area of 40 m² include two newly renovated rooms, for 4 and 2 people, respectively.