Saint-Petersburg State University of Industrial Technologies and Design. Education & Career
Major fields of study are design, technologies of light, printing and pulp and paper industry, chemical engineering, heat power and electric power engineering, information technologies in design and media industry, journalism, advertising and public relations, management of creative industries.
International students can study for free within the Russian Government quota.
Since 2019, in some countries, SPbSUITD has been a member of the commission to select international applicants for free tuition at Russian universities within the Russian Government quota. It is organized by Rossotrudnichestvo's representative offices abroad.
For example, in cities such as Dushanbe and Khujand (Tajikistan), such work is conducted offline. The university specialists assist in assessing the level of artistic competence for admission to creative fields of study and majors.
VK – @priemsutd
Facebook – @SPbSUITD (Meta is recognized as an extremist organization in Russia)
Instagram – @spsutd (Meta is recognized as an extremist organization in Russia)
Twitter – @SutdNews
Youtube – @SPSUTD
Tuition fees per year
72,000 – 468,000 RUB
Olympiads for admission
For all school students – the Olympiad in the Culture and Art subjects from the list approved by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia.
For foreign citizens – the Olympiad in creative subjects "CreativeRussia."
Conditions: The first stage is held in person using distance learning technologies.
Benefits for winners and prize-winners:
- Admission without creativity exams within the Russian Government quota
- Discounts for those applying for fee-paying places
- Entrance exams for foreign citizens – the results of the Unified State Exam (USE) or internal entrance exams at the university are taken into account
- For citizens of the Republic of Belarus, the centralized testing results obtained in 2021-2022 may be credited
- Those who want to study on a contract basis may take entrance exams online
Preparatory department for foreign citizens
It provides training for applicants with no or low Russian language proficiency (offline and online). Participants are accommodated in the dormitory.
SPbSUITD offers educational programs in the most popular fields of study.
Bachelor’s programs: Game Design, IT for Digital Content Creation, Applied Informatics in Design, Information Systems and Network Technologies.
Master’s programs: Urban Art, Advertising and PR in Creative Industries, Digital Technologies in Media Communications and Design, Fashion Tech, and many others.
- All full-time students are accommodated in the dormitory
- Students studying in state-funded places get a monthly scholarship
Research and educational environment
Research is conducted at 5 research institutes:
- Special Materials
- Chemical Engineering and Ecology
- Industrial Technologies, Engineering and Design
- Information Systems
- Composite Materials
- Virtual fashion
- Spatial design of physical and digital environments
- Smart clothes
- Digital art
- Generative design
Students have an opportunity to participate in large-scale R&D, get engaged in science projects, and conduct their research. They can gain their first experience during their work placement at major enterprises in Saint Petersburg.
Students can realize their ideas and promote their R&D at the university’s art and technology project park and the Boiling Point – IndTech Design.
Double degree program
- University of Eastern Finland
- Chengdu University of Technology, China
The starting salary for graduates working in their major fields of study is 650 USD in Saint Petersburg
Practical Training and Career Center
- Job search assistance to students and graduates
- Analysis of the university students and graduates' resumes
- Assistance in writing a cover motivation letter to an employer
- Elaboration of the model of behavior during an interview
- Teaching how to position oneself properly in the job market
- Master classes and instructional lectures on the university’s major disciplines are given. The events take place in the countries where Rossotrudnichestvo operates
- International education fairs are held offline and online. The university representatives tell the participants about student life, educational programs, and admission opportunities in detail