The admission of foreign citizens to INRTU
An interview about the admission of foreign citizens to INRTU with Anna Melenteva, Head of International Admission Office.
– Anna, do applicants need to come to Irkutsk to get admitted to INRTU?
– No, they can apply and take entrance exams online.
– Does your university offer any tuition-free options for international students?
– Yes, many international students study here for free. Applicants from Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan as well as compatriots living abroad can apply on equal terms with Russian applicants. In 2021, INRTU offers over 2,800 state-funded places.
Another opportunity to get a free place at our university is a competition for the Russian Government Scholarship held by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia. Applicants can take part in this competition through the Rossotrudnichestvo’s representative offices in their countries.
– Can they get a tuition discount?
– Yes, it depends on the entrance exam results and can amount to 34% for Russian-taught programs and 80% for English-taught programs.
– Do you provide students with dormitory places? What is the dormitory fee?
– Yes, the accommodation fee is 550 – 3,500 rubles per month depending on the dormitory type. Many INRTU students opt for the Baikal School of BRICS dormitories with single and twin-bedded rooms.
– How can applicants contact your department?
They can also follow our accounts:
Our website www.eng.istu.edu