Vladivostok State University
Vladivostok State University (VVSU) is one of the leaders of the higher education in the Russian Far East and a symbol of high-quality and competitive education. VVSU is one of Russia’s best universities training practitioners who are ready and able to work, earn money and build their future even before graduation.
- Top 100 best Russian universities
- Participation in the project of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia “Future Skills University”
- VVSU Volunteer Center is among the most active volunteer organizations in Russia
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor’s programs 192,060 – 324,500 RUB
Master’s programs 181,500 – 203,500 RUB
PhD programs 203.500 – 253.000 RUB
Popular fields of study
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- International Relations
- Media Communication
- Transportation Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering
All programs are taught in Russian. International applicants who do not speak Russian can enter the preparatory faculty. The study period is 1 year, and the tuition fee is 170,000 RUB.
All international students who study for free and do not have any academic arrears get a scholarship in the amount of up to 5,000 RUB per month. They can get increased scholarships for participation in international, cultural and sports events held by the university.
for the 2023-2024 academic year
June 20 – August 30, 2023
Applying for PhD programs
July 3 – August 31, 2023
Nota bene! To enroll in Bachelor’s programs in Pedagogical Education; Physical Education; Technology of Transport Processes; Operation of Transport and Technological Machines and Complexes, you should undergo medical examination in your country.
- Come to our homelike university which has everything modern students may need
- Talk to VVSU students, learn about the atmosphere and people studying here
- Know about study programs, explore the curriculum and subjects you will study
- The most appropriate and important piece of advice is not to be afraid to ask questions!
- Follow the news on the university’s official website and social media platforms
You can enroll in Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD programs
- within the Russian Government quota
- on a contract (fee-paying) basis
- to enroll in Bachelor’s programs, applicants take entrance exams in the Russian language
- to enroll in Master’s programs, applicants take entrance exams in the Russian language, write essays and are interviewed
Entrance exams are held in the form of computer testing offline or using distance technologies.
- to enroll in PhD programs, applicants take entrance exams in a special discipline relevant to their specialization. The exams are held in oral form, from September 4 till September 11, 2023
1. Prepare and send documents
Admission documents for all education levels and the preparatory department:
- International passport and notarized translation
- Academic credentials and transcripts legalized in accordance with the established procedure + notarized translation
- VVSU application form
- 3×4 cm digital photo
- Motivation letter (for Master’s programs/PhD programs)
- List of publications (for PhD programs)
You can submit admission documents:
- to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via Applicant’s Personal Account. The information is provided only in Russian
2. Pass entrance exams
3. Get an invitation from the university and obtain a student visa to study in Russia
4. Inform us about your arrival date
+7 964 431-44-74 WhatsApp, Telegram
VVSU takes special pride in the campus which is located near the center of Vladivostok.
The special thing about the campus is that all educational buildings, dormitories, the theater and concert center, the advanced health clinic, the sports center, stores and canteens are connected by the general system of escalator and indoor aerial crossings. In bad weather or cold winter, there is no need to go outside because you have everything at hand.
The university is surrounded by the fantastic territory. Its concept is history, philosophy, and ecology. Here you can enjoy amazing compactness of the Japanese stone garden, the beauty of relic plants in the Ussuri taiga and visit Russia’s first monument to poet Osip Mandelstam. The campus open for the city people is one of the favorite places of Vladivostok residents.
Every year the university holds Doors Open Days where everyone interested can get career guidance, familiarize themselves with admission regulations, Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD programs, meet the directors of institutes and students, take part in workshops, business and brain games, go on university tours.
On request of international applicants we hold online tours around the university and dormitory, and webinars with the directors of the institutes. VVSU takes an active part in international education fairs where the university staff members tell prospective students about admission and studying at the university.