Moscow State University of Technology "STANKIN". Acquaintance
The leading technological university for digital mechanical engineering. STANKIN students are in high demand in mechanical engineering and the IT industry. The university also trains unique specialists for new jobs in the fields of industrial ecology, robotics and sensorics, metrology, hydraulics, new materials development, economics, engineering. Founded in 1930.
- Each international student coming to the university gets a place in the dormitory on the day of arrival
- The dormitories are not far from the educational building
- The dormitory is block-type. Each block has two rooms, a toilet room, a bathroom, necessary furniture, housekeeping equipment
- The dormitory has special rooms for cooking, academic training, sports
- Married couples are offered a separate room
Tuition fees per year
Bachelor's programs 200,000 — 224,000 RUB
Master's programs 214,500 — 240,000 RUB
PhD programs 261,000 — 267,000 RUB
International laboratories and centers
- Russian-French Engineering Laboratory of Innovative Additive Technologies, Selective Laser Melting and ColdSpray
- Russian-Spanish Engineering Laboratory of Spark Plasma Sintering
- Russian-Swiss Competence Center for Micromachining Technology
- Russian-Italian Technology Training Center for Mechanical Engineering and Metalworking Technology
The university offers programs taught in foreign languages. To get the necessary information, you can always contact the Center of International Cooperation
Double degree programs, bachelor's and master's programs
Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Uzbekistan
- Engineering and Technology
Academic exchange and internships
- Institute of Technology, Austria
- Institute of Industrial Technologies and Automation, Italy
- National Engineering School, France
- University of Zielona Góra, Higher School of Engineering and Humanities, Poland
International program "Italian Machine Tools Technology Awards"
Over 75 % of the total number of graduates and over 95 % of IT graduates work in their degree field
Leading scientific schools, major projects
- Manufacturing systems engineering and digital manufacturing design
- Tool design and manufacturing
- Creation of nano- and composite materials and coatings
- Metrological support of machinery production
- Design of process equipment and cyber-physical manufacturing systems
- Research on the properties of powders for additive manufacturing, prototyping, and small-batch additive manufacturing
- Robot systems and CNC mechatronic systems
- CNC systems for process equipment, CAD, and production process automation
- Controlling, design to cost
- Ecology and safety in mechanical engineering
- For Russian-taught programs, applicants take written entrance exams on a compulsory basis
- For English-taught programs, applicants take entrance exams online or are interviewed in English in person. The interview dates are fixed individually for each applicant
Exam dates July 1 – October 5
To apply to MSUT "STANKIN," you must fill out the application form and give your contact details. The support service member of the Center of International Cooperation will contact you and help you with the required documents
I believe that studying abroad helps students acquire a lot of useful skills. Here I made new friends from all over the world. Students from 65 countries are studying at STANKIN. Teachers treat students as equals. STANKIN is a big international family.
Free tuition opportunity
- Within the Russian Government Quota
- If applicants have the documents confirming their status of compatriot
Scholarships and grants
MSUT "STANKIN" offers enhanced scholarship opportunities as well as individual discounts for students standing out in acquiring knowledge and taking an active part in the university's social life.
- MSUT "STANKIN" does not offer any individual quotas for studying
- The university has a flexible system of discounts up to 50 % of the total tuition fee
- There is no limit on the number of fee-paying places in all study programs.
Why MSUT "STANKIN"? It offers high-quality education and preparatory Russian language courses. I learned the language by attending the courses, communicating with my roommates in the dormitory, and studying on my own. The university promotes research in mechanical engineering as it is the leader among Moscow universities in this field.
- In 2019, STANKIN joined the WorldSkills Russia movement. In 2020, it won the gold in the all-Russian championship in the Technology Entrepreneurship competency
- MSUT "STANKIN" students and PhD students regularly take part in and win the contests as part of the UMNIK program of the Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises
- In 2020, MSUT "STANKIN" took first place among 300 finalist teams in the Digital Breakthrough hackathon
- Every year, STANKIN holds the student research and practice conference "Automation and Information Technology" (AIT)
STANKIN helps international students get cutting-edge education, become professional engineers and IT specialists so that they can take their region's industry to a new level afterwards.
Meeting and support
Students from various countries are met at the airport by volunteers speaking foreign languages. This service is discussed individually with each applicant.
- Documentation support
- Social adaptation activities
- Student societies, fellow-countrymen associations, other associations
The Center of International Cooperation staff members can speak five foreign languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, and Farsi.
- 24-hour video surveillance
- Dormitory rules compliance control
The university creates the most comfortable environment taking into account the mindset and cultural backgrounds of students from various countries.