Dagestan State Technical University. Acquaintance
The big educational, scientific and cultural center of the south of Russia. Founded in 1972.
The university trains competent managers, sought-after architects, civil engineers, and professionals in many other areas. Engineers can set the required pace for the development of industrial manufacturing, transportation industry, food industry, IT.
- 12 academic buildings
- 4 dormitories, a park, the Polytechnic sports, and fitness camp on the coast of the Caspian Sea
- A football stadium, specialized gyms, a modern five-sector climbing wall, a swimming pool
- The Youth Multifunctional Center
1,080 — 2,187 USD per year
Checking In The Dormitory
1. You must have:
- health certificate form № 086/у
- a copy of your passport
- three 3×4 cm photos
- a negative covid-19 test certificate
You can get a health certificate at the student outpatient clinic (8:00 - 9:00 a.m. on weekdays). you must have your certificate of insurance and medical card. The first-year students must register this card.
2. With this package of documents on hand you should go to the dormitory (on the campus territory) and get agreement and application forms, bill details.
70, Imam Shamil Avenue (the old building).
3. Have all your documents officially stamped (at the dean’s office of the faculty, among others) and bring them to the dormitory supervisor with a receipt for your accommodation fees.
4. Get your pass and check-in your new room!
It was my fellow countrymen who told me about DSTU. What won me over was that they were rather proficient after graduation and had no trouble finding a job. Besides, they spoke very positively of Dagestan, its quiet and safe atmosphere, and friendly and sympathetic people. The hardest thing was to overcome a language barrier, to immerse in a new socio-cultural environment. However, the university offers a great opportunity to adapt to the Russian education system and pursue Russian-taught degree programs. The optimum ratio of price and quality of education, well-developed infrastructure and comfortable living conditions for foreigners – that’s what I like about DSTU.
Russian As A Foreign Language
- Pre-university training in Russian as a Foreign Language (humanities, engineering sciences, economics)
- TRKI/TORFL International State Examination in the Russian Language held in cooperation with People's Friendship University of Russia
- Course attainment and TRKI/TORFL certificates
- Cultural and educational events, that help students quickly acquire spoken and classical Russian language, such as festivals, tours, exhibitions, conferences, competitions, Russian language olympiads
I didn’t hesitate to apply to a Russian university as Russia is rightly acknowledged as a global leader in training specialists for natural sciences and engineering. It was my uncle, a graduate of this university, who helped me choose the right technical university. He always spoke warmly of the years spent at DSTU. The Faculty of Oil, Gas and Environmental Engineering boasts an extensive range of facilities and resources including comfortable classrooms fitted with multimedia projection equipment, a drilling simulator, a virtual hydromechanics laboratory. Our faculty collaborates with the leading Russian oil production and refining enterprises helping us quickly acquire effective knowledge of cutting-edge developments in oil industry and gain invaluable experience in practice. Graduates of our faculty can be seen as serious competitors to other job seekers because we get real practical skills when doing laboratory practicals and research.
Advanced Fields Of Study And Majors
Bachelor’s And Master’s Degrees
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Nanoelectronics
- Informatics and Computer Engineering
- Applied Informatics
- Software Engineering
- Information Security
- Radio Engineering
- Bioengineering Systems and Technologies
- Electric Power Industry and Electrical Engineering
- Mechatronics and Robotics
- Control in Engineering Systems
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Technosphere Safety
- Land Planning and Cadastres
- Technology of Transport Processes
- Information Security of Automated Systems
- Economic Security
- Radioelectronic Systems and Complexes
- Customs Affairs
- Construction of Railways, Bridges, and Transport
The Department of Pre-university Training and Adaptation of Foreign Citizens:
Amina Z. Sadulaeva
+7 8722 62-45-19
+7 988 432-59-79
+7 989 455-95-60