3. Extending An Arrival Notification
- You must extend the arrival notification two weeks before it expires. For this, students usually contact the university's international student support department
- You must apply for an arrival notification again to the relevant university department if you are planning to travel around Russia, to check in the hotel, when you leave Russia, come back, change your passport information
- Stamp duty is not charged on migration registration and arrival notification extension
Non-compliance with the migration regulations is punishable. The amount of a fine depends on the circumstances and the region where the violation was committed. For example, you will have to pay 5,000—7,000 RUB (80—115 USD) in Moscow and Saint Petersburg. If you have no required documents, you can be deported, and if you repeatedly violate the migration regulations, a five-year entry ban will apply.
4. Leaving Russia
Foreign citizens must leave the country if they have no current visa, after graduation or exclusion for any reason, early termination of employment, cancellation of a temporary residence permit or a permanent residence permit.
Foreign citizens or stateless persons must obtain a transit visa to leave the country. To obtain it, after the issuance of the enrollment termination order or termination of the employment agreement, foreign citizens must immediately come to the university's passport and visa support department or international student support department to agree upon the time to leave. A transit visa can be only a single entry visa, and it is issued for a period of up to ten days. You must leave the country within these days.
You must submit the following documents ten business days before leaving Russia:
- Passport and two copies of all pages
- Migration card and two copies
- A detachable section of the foreign citizen arrival form (registration certificate) and two copies on both sides
- 3 x 4 cm color matte photo
- A receipt for payment of 1,000 RUB stamp duty for a transit visa (you can get the receipt at the university)
- A travel card (plane or train) valid for leaving Russia
- An extract from the enrollment termination or academic leave order, or an extract from the employment agreement termination order