It is not difficult to get free education in Turkey for Kazakhstan students. Since the 1990s, the country has been purposefully attracting students from the Asian republics of the former USSR. High-quality and affordable education, the opportunity to receive an education grant make studying in Turkey interesting for foreign students. Find out more.
Free education in Turkey for Kazakhstanis: opportunities and conditions
Turkish universities are a great opportunity to get free education abroad for Kazakhstanis.
In order to become a student of a Turkish University, you need to perform a simple algorithm:
- Go to the website of the selected University and see the list of documents and deadlines for their submission.
Each of the Turkish universities has the right to determine the requirements for foreign applicants regarding the documents and the procedure for their submission.
- Prepare the necessary documents.
The list of those that will be useful in any University:
- Secondary education documents translated into English or Turkish.
- Certificate of language proficiency. Many universities require international TOEFL, IELTS or other exams. Therefore, the question of which exam will have to be passed, you should find out in advance.
- Passport with its validity longer than the period of study at the University.
- Apply to the Turkish Embassy for a student visa.
The list of required documents and deadlines for their submission can be found on the website of the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey.
Most universities in Turkey provide students with health insurance. But it only covers accidents and not diseases.
Many scholarship programmes provide health insurance. Find out all the nuances in advance.
- Within 30 days of the start of studies, you must register at the police station and obtain a residence permit.
- Find out what conditions of grants for studying abroad for Kazakhstan citizens are provided.
One should visit special websites with information how to apply for a grant.
Information on study abroad scholarships can be obtained from special funds or directly from the government of Turkey.
Education abroad will become more accessible for Kazakhstan citizens if you use the annual program of the Turkish government. You can apply online for participation.
Each country has a specific time frame. Thus, citizens of Kazakhstan can apply for a bachelor's degree study grant, from April to May, and in master's and postgraduate studies - from February to March.
The grant provides the monthly payment of the scholarship and gives the opportunity to pay:
- study in one of the Turkish universities;
- residence in the country;
- health insurance and transportation costs.
The conditions for obtaining a grant are very simple:
- a potential student should not have chronic diseases, he should be healthy and have good medical records;
- Satisfy the conditions of the University;
- must reach a certain age;
- have a performance level of at least 70%.
Turkey: higher education and the best universities
There are many reasons why thousands of international students come to study in Turkey. Here are the main ones:
There are 11 universities from Turkey in the world ranking of the best universities QS World Universities 2018.
In the annual University ranking Times Higher Education 2018 — 22 Turkish universities. Three of them were in the top 100 best universities in Asia.
7 Turkish universities were listed in the world Academic ranking of ShanghaiUniversity in 2017.
- Diplomas obtained in Turkish educational institutions are recognized in all European countries.
Turkey joined the Bologna process and entered the European higher education area. Therefore, students of Turkish educational institutions can continue their study in any country of the European Union.
- Universities of the country offer foreign students to study in German, English and French.
- Turkey's economy is rapidly developing and constantly requires labor. Therefore, students have the opportunity to work during their studies, and after graduation —open their own business and get Turkish citizenship.
- The country has a rich cultural heritage that attracts millions of tourists every year. Therefore, foreign students have no problems with leisure or organization of intercultural communication.
- Stay in Turkey will be much cheaper than in European countries.
For a year of study, a student pays from several hundred to several thousand dollars, and housing rent - from $200.
In addition, all universities offer affordable accommodation in hostels. The cost of the products is lower than the European.
All this makes the country interesting for budget and quality education.
- Numerous grant and scholarship programs open to foreigners make free education abroad real.
Turkish universities enjoy academic freedom. They are regularly accredited by the Council of Higher Education. Graduates of Turkish schools enroll in universities on the results of national examinations.
Higher education institutions easily recognize secondary education documents obtained in other countries.
The best universities today are:
Bosphorus University is listed in various world rankings of the best universities. Thus, in 2018, it was ranked 54 in the top 100 universities in emerging economies, and 67 in the top 100 best universities in Asia.
It consists of four faculties and two schools (foreign languages and applied disciplines). Teaching is conducted in English.
In the world ranking KoçUniversity takes the 16 place among the universities in the countries with emerging economies and 31 a place among the best universities of Asia.
It is a private University founded in 1993. It consists of four colleges (administrative sciences and economics, social sciences and humanities, engineering and natural sciences), three schools (law, medicine and nursing), and three master's schools.
The University offers 22 courses, 31 graduate and 16 PhD programs.
Teaching is conducted in English.
In the world ranking takes 18 and 33 among the hundred best universities in Asia.
The University of Humanities was founded in 1994. Offers students courses in English.
For admission one must pass English Language Assessment Exam (ELAE).
Ranked 45 in the top 100 best universities in emerging economies and 54 in the top 100 universities in Asia.
Founded in 1984. It consists of nine faculties and four schools. Offers 33 undergraduate and 32 postgraduate programs in 22 different fields.
Teaching is conducted in English.
In the list of 100 best universities in emerging economies it is in the 64 position, and among the hundred best universities in the Asia — 91.
One of the oldest technical universities in the world. It was founded in 1773.
The University consists of 13 colleges, 12 research centers and 346 laboratories.
It offers students 39 areas of study, 144 postgraduate programs.
For admission, one must pass exams in English.
Thus, there are all opportunities to get quality education in Turkey: universities that are listed in the world rankings, a variety of areas of study and loyal to foreigners conditions.