BEREZHNOVA Tatiana Aleksandrovna
Current position in rankings. According to My education portal (moeobrazovanie.ru), VSMU named after N.N. Burdenko was ranked 8th among Russian pharmaceutical HEIs in 2018.
Achievements and awards. The program successfully underwent state accreditation carried out by the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science and professional-public accreditation carried out by the Medical League of Russia (the All-Russian non-governmental organization) in 2018. It was evaluated as part of external and internal audits and recognized as compliant with the education quality standards of ISO 9001:2015.
Teaching staff. Training is provided by 15 Doctors of Sciences, ten Professors, 65 Candidates of Sciences. The educational process involves the representatives of the Training Pharmacy of the Faculty of Pharmacy, the virtual learning hospital, the museum of medicinal plants of the Central Black Earth Region, the university botanical garden.
Facilities and resources. The university has state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, computer classrooms, the Central Research Laboratory; six research institutes, a library that contains 700,000 pieces of educational and scientific literature; a sports facility, hostels and canteens.
Research is conducted in the following areas:
1. Antioxidative, antimicrobial and adsorption activity of drug substances.
2. Synthesis, structure and properties of hydroxyapatite composites and hydroxyapatite-based coatings for treatment of musculoskeletal disorders.
3. Sodium-calcium exchange in the experimental heart model for studying the mechanism of action of antiarrhythmic drugs.
4. Dosage forms of sorbents, development of nanosorbents.
5. Development of optical spectral methods, express drug quality test. 6. Putting personalized medicine methods into clinical practice.
Education. Practical training is done at modern organizations of practical pharmacy.
Strategic partners. The university cooperates with
International projects and programs. The staff participates in implementing joint projects with
Competitive advantages. Annually, over 30 practical training facilities are involved in the educational process. Students have an opportunity to undertake study placement at
Table of Contents