The Interfax International Information Group has presented the X annual National University Ranking for the 2018/2019 academic year.
TOP 20 Russian universities according to Interfax:
1. Lomonosov Moscow State University
2. National Research Nuclear University MEPhI
3. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT)
4. National Research University Higher School of Economics
5. St. Petersburg State University
6. Novosibirsk State University
7. National Research Tomsk State University
8. National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University
9-10. ITMO University
9-10. Kazan (Volga Region) Federal University
11. Peoples' Friendship University of Russia
12. National University of Science and Technology MISiS
13. Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N.Yeltsin
14. Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University
16. Bauman Moscow State Technical University
17. Southern Federal University
18. Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration
19. Far Eastern Federal University
20. Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod
In 2019, 327 universities participated in the National University Ranking (compared to 288 in 2018). In addition, regional universities have become more active in communication with the ranking compilers.
The ranking includes all Russian high-profile universities: 29 national research universities, 10 federal universities, 33 flagship universities, 21 universities participating in Project 5-100 as well as seven non-state universities.
The different types of universities were evaluated: 96 classical universities, 100 technical universities and universities of technology (including universities of transport, architecture and construction), 19 economic and social universities, 24 agricultural universities, 20 medical universities, 26 normal and 5 law universities.
The group of universities participating in Project 5-100 now has evident characteristics of global universities and intends to come up with new achievements in R&D and educational programs by 2020. At the same time, a keen struggle can be predicted between the leaders and well-developed regional universities for the resources of national projects.
The six parameters were evaluated: brand, educational activities; research activities; social environment; internationalization (international cooperation); innovation and technology entrepreneurship.
In addition to the evaluation summary and parametric estimate of the Russian universities' activities, Ranking 2019 comprises a number of lists with estimates of the universities' activities in several important areas: work with schools and youth outreach, supplementary education programs, etc.
Several methodological improvements related to the assessment of innovation allowed the ranking compilers to look at medical, agricultural and law universities from a different perspective.
Table of Contents