The first day of the Baikal International Education Fair (BIEF) has come to an end. The Fair is organized by the Ministry of Education of the Irkutsk Region and the Moscow International Education Fair (MIEF). The media partners of the Conference are Accreditation in Education Company and Higher Education Discovery. As early as on the first day over 10,000 people showed their interest in the event.
Valentina Peregudova, Minister of Education of the Irkutsk Region:
– The BIEF is an ambitious project which aroused a little fewer expectations. Such an extensive audience - the fair was visited not only by educational process participants but also by members of the general public, non-professional community, and people who have nothing to do with education - shows that practically everybody is interested in education, that there are many people who are not indifferent to the future of Irkutsk education. We got very positive feedback on the organization of the event itself and its business program, and this is impressive.
Maxim Kazarnovsky, Director of the Moscow International Education Fair (MIEF):
– A wide range of technologies and ideas of the content and exhibition space management proposed by the Moscow Education Fair are innovative for the region. The true improvisation can be exclusively based on professionalism, profound expertise and global vision of the context– we found all these qualities in the team of partners from the Ministry of Education of the Irkutsk Region. Presently, the Baikal International Education Fair has already succeeded as a big experiment. But there is a strong feeling that by the end of the third day the BIEF will become a powerful tradition for the region.
The keynote speakers have done an expert evaluation of the event and announced the main conclusions made following the past events of the business program.
Alexander Brychkin, Director General of Rossiysky Uchebnik Corporation:
– The eventful program of Rossiysky Uchebnik Corporation started with the discussion of intermediate results of the major study of the quality of Russian schoolchildren's knowledge, a sequence of steps which must be taken when building the system of teachers' professional development, the analysis of headmasters' competencies. The focus was also put on public-private partnership in education – it was covered by A. Galiev, Vice-President of the Corporation. Great interest was shown in organization of educational process using the resources of the digital educational environment LECTA and social Internet projects whose usability was covered by E. Latypova, Director for Digital Communications of the Corporation.
Tatiana Zakharova, supervisor of the 'Preschool education' cluster:
– Over 500 people took part in the business program of the BIEF. Some buzz was created by the practices of game interaction in Mathematics of E.E. Kochemasova (the author of the program of preschool children's mathematical development 'Igralochka'); I.L. Kirillov (Deputy Scientific Director, Institute for Childhood, Family and Education of the Russian Academy of Education) delivered the topical speech about the preschool education quality evaluation; author's vision of technologies for pedagogical support of children's initiative was presented by O.A.Skorolupova (Vice-President, the Institute of Mobile Educational Systems, Moscow); A.B. Teplova (leading research fellow, Institute for Childhood, Family and Education of the Russian Academy of Education, Moscow) told about the importance of humanitarian expert evaluation of the environment as a resource of the developing control technology.
Sergey Kosaretsky, supervisor of the 'Supplementary education' cluster:
–The important criterion of the supplementary education quality is children's ability to apply acquired knowledge and skills when solving practical tasks. At the same time, supplementary education is not 'all about the key to the future': a sense of satisfaction and joy of lessons are also an important result. We must not just require something of teachers, we should create the conditions for their professional development, clearly see the prospects for transformation of the system of professional competitions for supplementary education teachers into an effective tool of professional and career growth. The professional community must be more active as the subjects of evaluation of the teacher performance quality, attestation and certification. When designing the models of work with gifted and motivated children it is obligatory to take into consideration the peculiarities of territories – village, towns, cities.
Alexander Molchanov, supervisor of the 'Higher education' cluster:
– Following the panel discussion 'Educational system in the general concept of digitization of economics' we should emphasize an observation of the academic community that, thanks to social networks and an opportunity to speak about themselves, universities admit students who have their own views and are not afraid of standing their ground. The panel 'Digital transformation of professional education: towards individualization though online learning' was dedicated to the discussion of the important issues of introduction and development of online courses from the perspective of HEIs, regional administrations and employers. The representatives of the Irkutsk Region and the Ministry of Education of the Krasnoyarsk Territory took part in the discussion.
Alexander Ezdov, supervisor of the 'General education' and 'Inclusive education' clusters:
– In the 'General education' cluster the use of information technologies for individualization of educational process was discussed. The participants openly expressed their point of view, were ready to defer to other opinions. This indicates, on the one hand, the teacher audience's good preparation for professional dialogue, and, on the other hand, a lack of similar events.
Natalia Rubin, supervisor of the 'Career guidance' cluster:
– On the first day of the BIEF over 1,300 schoolchildren visited the career guidance area where they had an opportunity to take a career guidance test and try their hand on the 'A collage of professions' platform. The key topics for discussion were professions of the future, basic skills and competencies. Expert A. Molchanov helped us to understand the problem of planning one's own professional journey.
Read more education news including international events, conferences, forums, exhibitions, and other important venues on hedclub.com, international education advertising website. If you would like to inform various stakeholders on the upcoming event or project you are planning to implement, contact HED, your reliable media partner.
Table of Contents