International activity is a system of activities aimed at mutually beneficial interaction with subjects of educational and scientific activity of foreign countries, as well as commercial organizations with the aim of developing international academic cooperation in the field of education and science, international foreign economic activity, and strengthening intercultural ties.
Since 1993, the AmurStateUniversity has set a course for the development of international cooperation. In 1993, the Department for International Relations and Foreign Economic Cooperation was established, which was renamed into the International Relations Department in 1997 and into the International Projects Department in 2001. Since 2014 it has been the international department.Today, the international department is actively developing various forms of international activities:
- offering basic and additional educational programs to foreign citizens;
- holding international scientific events abroad and in Russia;
- implementing joint research and educational projects and programs with foreign partners;
- implementing academic exchanges of students and teachers;
- interacting with foreign universities at the administrative level (establishing contacts, negotiating, signing international agreements and treaties, etc.).
The geographical location of Blagoveshchensk determines the main orientation of international cooperation - these are relations with the PRC. Chinese AmU partners include Beijing University of Technology, Harbin Polytechnic University, Heilongjiang Academy of Social Sciences, Harbin Science and TechnologyUniversity, HeiheUniversity, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, and others.In 2012, AmurStateUniversity entered the Association of Higher Educational Institutions of the Far East and Siberia of the Russian Federation and the Northeast of the PRC. Since 2013, the AmU has been a member of the Association of Technical Universities of Russia and China (ATURC) which unites 29 universities of Russia and China.
In 2013, AmurStateUniversity established the preparatory department to organize the Russian language courses for foreign citizens who wish to pursue Bachelor's, Master's and postgraduate degrees in a Russian HEI. Foreign students can learn the grammar and vocabulary of the Russian language, written and spoken language, listening, phonetics, as well as Russian culture and traditions (lingvostranovedenie). In addition, foreign citizens study the basics of mathematics, social studies and other subjects for passing the entrance examinations. At the end of the course, a certificate of study is given for the supplementary education program "Russian as a Foreign Language" and a report card stating the name of the disciplines, the number of hours and grades.
Summer and winter schools
AmurStateUniversity annually organizes the Russian language winter and summer schools. The period of study is 2 weeks, and the relevant certificate is issued at the end of the studies.
The school is an open social educational project that brings together students who would like to better understand the Russian language, the history of Russia, its culture and customs. The school pursues the following aims and objectives:
to help beginners to learn Russian pronunciation and acquire everyday communication skills
-to help intermediate and advanced students to activate and expand the vocabulary, practice grammatical skills until they become automatic,
- to improve listening, reading and writing skills in the Russian language
- to attract foreign students' attention to the AmSU as a higher educational institution
- to support the intra-corporate spirit of the students at AmSU and the formation of a positive image of the university in the region.
- to establish scientific and friendly relations with colleagues and students from other countries.